Looking at getting into Nitro again. What should I buy?

Hey guys, I have a few electric trucks but getting the itch to get a nitro again. Looking at the used Savage models... what ones are easiest to get parts for? What one was the "best"? I'm looking at the 4.6/5.9. I had a .21 back in the day with a Mach .26... great truck.

Also considering a Revo 3.3/TMaxx (don't hate me) for ease of parts availability.

hwrd442

4.6 or 5.9 good machines. Parts scarce. Traxxas products can't take the same beating but the parts are everywhere. I say try the Revo/Tmaxx first. It's only money and life is to short.

J.LO's SAVAGE X

Severe problems breaking all the time, learned, you have to be gentle with them, they sure ain't a savage. If I wanted a nitro truck now, I personally wouldnt hesitate to buy a savage x right now. There are parts on ebay. I have a severely modded and lightened savage x now, never was happier!

What is wrong with the T maxx ? Never had one . Just wondering !
I had an original tmaxx .15 and then an Emaxx. I really enjoyed the emaxx but then traded it for a Savage .21. Way more Durable.
Currently I own a couple erevo 2.0 trucks. I never thought I'd like them so much. They are super durable and handle awesome. I had a modded Kraton 6s and still these erevo's are better imo. Both good though.
So anyway, the t-maxx and emaxx are more durable now than the originals but not as much as a Savage or revo from what I've gathered.

I would be tempted to go for the newly soon to be released Savage X V2 model! 👍🏻
I like buying used and saving a good amount. Also, the new body is ugly to me. It will probably be a couple years of them rebuilding for me to get back on the bandwagon. I just really like the old trucks. If parts are hard to get for those then I may just end up with a revo 3.3.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.