Loctite Is Our Friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drvon

Hey all, so I just finished my mid tank build , and ran it at my local track (First Time Off Road) and everything went fine except some screws came loose. One in my steering, one on the chassis, the set screws on my throttle linkage, and after a hard landing I shifted my motor mount. I regraded not adding loctite, before I went out, and I was right. So before you start up you RTR go around and add some loctite! You won't regret it. I learned the hard way.

O, the mid tank worked out awesome, I can lean out the car some more because there is no / unnoticeable half tank lean, so I'm running a tad bit rich. When I first got the savvy and looked on the forum I thought I didn't need to do this mod. Now I couldn't live without it!

Thanks everyone for all the help.

1 drop of blue locktite is needed on every screw that goes into metal as you just found out. Too much is worse than too little.

Hey all, so I just finished my mid tank build , and ran it at my local track (First Time Off Road) and everything went fine except some screws came loose. One in my steering, one on the chassis, the set screws on my throttle linkage, and after a hard landing I shifted my motor mount. I regraded not adding loctite, before I went out, and I was right. So before you start up you RTR go around and add some loctite! You won't regret it. I learned the hard way.

Dev, i agree that loctite is good, but I'm wondering if you have a good set of hex drivers or are using the standard L-shaped Hex keys caz i don't loctite much ne more & don't lose screws caz you can wrench hard with a good set of hexes.

then again, i take my truck apart alot. lol.

glad you got that mid-tank hooked up, i had a similar headache with the stock tank.

I know before the mid tank I would only tune with less than half a tank, it's nice that I can have a more consistent tune / power on tap. I do also have a good hex set, I didn't check much out of the box, which was my mistake.

I lost a few TVP screws in the first couple runs out the box after break in, best thing i did was get rid of all the silly easily stripped cross head screws on every metal-metal fastening and replaced them with some good quality allen head screws, you can whack them up real tight with these screws, much tighter than you can get with the stock screws.

Also check your centre drive cup pins for tightness regularly, mine always come loose unless i cake them in locktite, especially the brake hex hub pin, if that badboy comes loose while running it can do some serious damage to your tranny, as seen in Steller RC's vid on youtube.

Latest posts

Members online

Back