Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.

Little Dusty after 10 years !

plasma327

After 10 years i dug the X out from under the bench. I had for gotten how much fun my old a$$(now) had with this truck.
I had even put a brand new never fired still needs broke in XR.32 Spec4. I have done various mods(the usuall)..
I still have 3 and a half gallons of byrons that is old but is has been stored in the case in the dark in the cool
garage never opened except for the half gallon. I am in the north east so it winter and 30 degrees.
My garage is heated but no way to exhaust the fumes with out opening the garage door so grrr..

Attachments

plasma327

I am actually excited for an old dude to break it in and do some ripping!
I need some warmer weather. I have an XS that is all dust covered but the LiPo
is no good after 3 or 4 years of setting. I did store it ar storage charge but it
will not take a charge now. Oh the smell of nitro!! I do miss it!!!

plasma327

As a thought. I would like to get together with some fellow bashers. My old buddies have long since
gotten on with their lives and have no RC desire now days. I am in the Morgantown WV area and would
drive a couple hours on a weekend to hangout and do some bashing.
Any interest?? Let me know..

Vmansavage

Sounds like fun I live in the Cumberland md area I would be interested in doing some bashing I am fairly new to hobby so maybe some veteran tips would be Awsome as well....

plasma327

Sounds like fun I live in the Cumberland md area I would be interested in doing some bashing I am fairly new to hobby so maybe some veteran tips would be Awsome as well....
Sound like a good time to me. If i can help i will. Just let me know what and where you have in mind. Email me if you like.

Howie1481

I am actually excited for an old dude to break it in and do some ripping!
I need some warmer weather. I have an XS that is all dust covered but the LiPo
is no good after 3 or 4 years of setting. I did store it ar storage charge but it
will not take a charge now. Oh the smell of nitro!! I do miss it!!!
FYI if it’s any use? I have on a couple of occasions had lipos that won’t take a charge. They weren’t puffed up, just been sat too long at storage ad ran on esc without LiPo cutoff set.
Anyway I’ve got a charger that does all kinds of batteries, NiMH LiPo etc if you start the LiPo batt charging on the NiMH setting for say 5/10 mins or so... nothing too excessive. It seems to give the packs just enough juice for the charger to then register/recognise them to then charge on your normal regular LiPo setting.
Worth a try as it worked for me both times. Can’t hurt if you’re gonna chuck em anyway....Just make sure you stick em in a LiPo fire bag or a steel box like I do in case of over heating or fire.

plasma327

Thanks for the heads up but i am aware of that old trick. done it for years at the race track after discharging them to low.
I have a quality charger as well.

Attachments