LiPo- and other battery mods for octane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clint

Hey all,

First question: can I buy larger capacity batteries that fit in the battery box?

Can I convert to run on LiPo?

Can I run wires to charge batteries while they are still in the truck?

What are the connector types called? (The connector on the batteries that plug into truck. Jr type? Hitec type? Servo/power pole type?)

I'm not sure what batteries you're referring to with your first question. If you mean big LiPos like an electric Savage would use, you can get some pretty high capacity ones that will still fit in the boxes.

A nitro-powered Savage can be converted to electric fairly easily. An Octane might be more of a challenge, since it looks like the TVPs and gearbox are different from a Savage X.

EDIT: Looks like I misunderstood the question. Never mind!

Last edited:
A LiPo battery mod requires a voltage regulator also be installed.

A 5000 mAh NiMH single pack will fit. That is what I did to mine.
Some soldering is required.
Venom_6V_5000_mAh_NiMH_5C.jpg

You don't need a voltage regulator, but you should get a battery monitor that cuts the circuit when the voltage gets to low, to protect the battery.
Also make sure all parts work with LiPo voltage. The stock CDI will work fine and the radio to as far as I can recall. It's the servos that might not. Check em up.

You don't need a voltage regulator, but you should get a battery monitor that cuts the circuit when the voltage gets to low, to protect the battery.
Also make sure all parts work with LiPo voltage. The stock CDI will work fine and the radio to as far as I can recall. It's the servos that might not. Check em up.
Hello from Greece. Is it possible to power simultaneously the receiver, servos and the cdi? Using of course a larger LiPo or li-fe battery to compensate the power consumption

Latest posts

Members online

Back