LiPo acting weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
Is it possible that a volt meter gives a higher reading on LiPo after battery cool down than when its hot?.

i had this strange experience yesterday when a battery read 3.25 and 3.25 right when i stopped. when i went home and battery cooled down the readings went to 3.45 and 3.50.

are my batteries the problem or is it the voltage reader???

Was it plugged in to the ESC at the time? Was the ESC on? It could have been drawing the battery down.

It's not uncommon for batteries to "recover" a bit of voltage when they rest after hard use. This can be observed with other kinds of batteries too. That's why it's important to measure their voltage right after a run to determine if your voltage cutoff or alarm is working properly. If you wait and measure it later, it may look like it cut off too soon.

The batteries were not connected to anything when I took the readings. The esc cut off is working properly because it was the one that stops my truck at around 3-2-3.3.

Sorry, I was just trying to provide a little more clarity. The short answer to your original question
Is it possible that a volt meter gives a higher reading on LiPo after battery cool down than when its hot?
is yes, and it's normal.

Members online

Back