LCG .5" Extended TVP's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jt

These TVP's have been hanging on my wall for a few weeks now, something needed to be done with them.

Here is the start of a simple build.

7452f90a.jpg

ed1ea23e.jpg

606fd8f6.jpg

d86348b0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet are those TT tvp's love the knuckles keep it up jt. after that last build it will be hard to compeat with

Yes they are Twisted Toys and this is in no way even going to compete with the last build; this is about keeping it simple.

your pick :hardlaugh:

I like the gray/gunmetal look, I also like the lighter color mine has, both look awesome. I say supersize it, give it 8 beefy shock, some mean looking tires, O.S. 30 vg, 3 speed, beefed up drive train. In other words do a basher, my TT TVP's have held up to allot. Make it into a real monster truck.

e10cd885.jpg

These have held up to years of bashing, and have now moved on to a fellow basher that will beat the tar out of them. I bought that set to replace the ones I got rid of; don't think I'm afraid to bash em.

Are the twisted toys tvp still on the market? I'm looking to upgrade and start a new savage build.

If your looking Twisted Toys TVP's they are hard to come by, check ebay and other forums for sale threads, you might get lucky. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time when I spotted these.

I tried to get some TT LCG's before I went with the Fastlane ones. I'm kinda glad I got the ones I did. Not that the TT's aren't great, but I just love the look of the FLM products.

jt on the picture of your basher the shock towers look like they are bending does this matter?
4x4

That's whats happens with the stock old style shock towers...they do bend using LST's with hard bashing. They were like that for a few months before I bent the rods on the shocks.

thanks for the reply i see what you mean!
4x4

Well I finally got an engine, and pipe. I switched the 2 speed that was in there for a 3 speed. All that is lacking is setting up the radio box. Don't pay attention to the wheels and tires, stuck them on the truck to get them out of the way until the project they are going on is ready for them.

698bf59f.jpg

f0a4c80b.jpg

:duh: looks good JT! ohh, i guess with them being extended tvps the shocks will work like that :duh:

Not your new build, the other dirty one. It was probably a laime question.lol By the way , your new build looks worthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not your new build, the other dirty one. It was probably a laime question.lol By the way , your new build looks worthy.

Those rims/tires are from an old Savage .25. I like them from general bashing.

That answered my question. Thanks for response. Speaking of questions, I was telling fmj40 how much in dug your mid tank mod on Blue Streak and hoped to incorporate it in to my Savage sometime in the near future but had some Q's with the servo locations. One in purticular was the throttle servo. Have you had any conserns on how exhaust oils can migrate and find thier way into the servo casing with the engine being so close?

I have been running a midtank Savage for 2 years and suffered no ill effects from heat and /or exhaust oils. I do seal the servos though.

Smart man, JT. I'll probably be asking you more Q's as time goes on about your mid tank mod, if it's no trouble. I think your work is clean and tight. You obviously take some level of pride in your abbillity to build these mods. And this, I respect. Thanks again for the information. For myself, I want to go bigger on the tank for "more run time". If you had to do it over again, do you think this would be possible? That is, with out the expense of having to fabricate a custom aluminum tank. I've seen some optional tank possibllities in the model plane dept.that might fit nice and snug. Of course, they'll requiere some modding for mountabillity and fuel presure needs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back