Last thing I ever wanted to see today....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankrupter

I have lots of colorful words for this but I will just say, dam it to (&@%

DSC_0771.jpg

you might be in luck,,,,,,my friend has a ton of radios at his house,i am sure i saw that radio in his pile of r/c stuff, and i will see if there is one there for ya,,He saves everything.....no promises,but i will try to help you out

just in case,,,, call them and see what a replacement screen will cost You never know.Thay might even send you one for free..Positive thoughts.give positive results.
Horizon Product Support
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, Illinois 61822
Please call 877-504-0233 with any questions
or concerns regarding this product or
warranty.

Man that sucks bank!!! Please fill us all in how that happened.. I bet you did alot of this when it happen.:cussing:

just in case,,,, call them and see what a replacement screen will cost You never know.Thay might even send you one for free..Positive thoughts.give positive results.
Horizon Product Support
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, Illinois 61822
Please call 877-504-0233 with any questions
or concerns regarding this product or
warranty.

my thoughts exactly and +rep for helping a brother out!!!!

I'm buying a 2nd one. When I get it Ill send that in for a new screen... (back up) I have 4 other radios but don't like any of them. ATM it still works. I just can change models. Its on the D8 and ATM thats all I have been running. Some how it happened in the back seat of my car. I found it like that I don't know how it happened. A drop cant do this to a 3R the screen is down a bit inside it. It got drilled hard what ever did it. I think I did it moving the seat.

Ouch! Looks like maybe the tip of the antenna got forced into the screen somehow, judging by the shape of the screen damage?

Dealing with support ATM. I was on hold for 2 mins when I was prompted to be able to leave my number for a call back. Claimed to hold my place in the wait line. This was at 9:17AM Now to see when they call back.

When they call back I will ask the following:

1. Can you just ship me the screen.
2. Turnaround time if they wont.
3. Repair cost per hour.
4. Return shipping options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealing with support ATM. I was on hold for 2 mins when I was prompted to be able to leave my number for a call back. Claimed to hold my place in the wait line. This was at 9:17AM Now to see when they call back.

When they call back I will ask the following:

1. Can you just ship me the screen.
2. Turnaround time if they wont.
3. Repair cost per hour.
4. Return shipping options.

Call back was at 9:28- 13 mins over all... Call in to a person

1. Was a no, they will not send out the screen to me.
2. TX department is at 2 day turnaround time.
3. 30 a hour billed in 15min increments, two unit minimal charge.
4. They ship fedex return at my cost.
5. Screen is 22 dollars.

With shipping costs this is projected to cost me 70 USD + 319. retail = 389 transmitter.

I got to say I think 4PK, here I come... Its not worth 70 to me to fix.

That sucks bank! at least your not totally out of commision! lol ilike the 4pk too but just cant pay for it!

sorry to inform you ,that i did look at the radios my friend had, he sold it a few days ago for $75.00...... at least there was a glimmer of hope

Oh and sorry about your radio but hey perfect excuse for the upgrade. Now that I have everything on spektrum I will never switch less they stop making the radios backward comparable with the old rx's which I don't forsee they have a good thing going with the way they handle their radio gear and they know it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back