K5.9 under head

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vans3138

Hi people,

new to the forum and after some advice,
recently got back into nitro rc, bought a used savageXL from eBay with the stock 5.9 in.Previous owner has stripped the thread in under head. Shot glow plug out after a few mins of use. It appears the part is impossible for me to get hold of. Would anyone know where I could source it from? Doesn’t appear there’s to many spares available. Alternatively does anyone know if a helicoil is possible and what size and pitch of the thread? Or should I just bin the engine and get something you can get parts for?

Sorry man !! Only recourse is to buy a engine . Get a Dynamite .28 big red . Good engine . K5.9 parts are no longer available . Don't waist your
time even looking.

Thanks mate. I’ve purchased a LRP 30. Started breaking in today and seems very good. Starts very easy. I’ve actually dropped the button head from the 5.9 down to an engineering company local to me who’s for £30 is going to helicoil it and thinks it should work fine. Might sell it then as a working engine to someone who wants the original 5.9. I think I will be more than happy with the new LRP. Although parts for the lrp don’t seem to be much easier to get hold of.

Latest posts

Members online

Back