Just some photo's of my collection of Savages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my collection of Savages
1 XL running a K5.9 mill ( The one with the flux shell)
2 Truckzillas, Red one has a K4.6 mill and the yellow one has another K5.9 in it
2 Savage X which are the Green El Camino and the Orange Bounty Hunter shells, The El Camino runs another K4.6 mill while the Bounty Hunter has an F4.6 in it
1 Savage 25 which is the Blue Bounty Hunter shell running a good old stock s25 in it which is as unreliable as my Vauxhall Cora is. New mill needed soon.
Just started with one but you know how this are and it just sort of got out of hand. you buy spares and the next thing you know you have enough parts left over to build another truck and the spiral continues I live in a studio flat and can't move in it for bloody savages, they have taken over like the triffids did in the movie. Got a horrible feeling number 8 will be hatching soon. Think I might have an addiction. LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_20220417_215113.jpg
    IMG_20220417_215113.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220417_215345.jpg
    IMG_20220417_215345.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220417_215150.jpg
    IMG_20220417_215150.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220417_215316.jpg
    IMG_20220417_215316.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220417_215250.jpg
    IMG_20220417_215250.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220417_215225.jpg
    IMG_20220417_215225.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220417_215010.jpg
    IMG_20220417_215010.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 13
OOKS LIKE YOU GOT IT BAD , REAL BAD .
NICE COLLECTION OF RIGS...
LOL@ ELWOOD, do you think?. And to think only started with the 1 humble Savage 25 and the rest just grew out of the spares. Just bought another K5.9 mill off eBay and and sitting looking at my parts collection I'm thinking ,Hum only need a gearbox, 1 diff, front dog bone and abit of radio gear to put another together. Watch this space.!!
Think I might have to much time on my hands, thinking may need a hobby. LOL.

LOL@ ELWOOD, ¿ustedes creen?. Y pensar que solo comenzó con el 1 humilde Savage 25 y el resto simplemente surgió de los repuestos. Acabo de comprar otro molino K5.9 en eBay y, sentado mirando mi colección de piezas, pienso: Hum, solo necesito una caja de cambios, 1 diferencial, hueso de perro delantero y un poco de equipo de radio para armar otro. Mira este espacio.!!
Creo que podría tener mucho tiempo libre, pensando que podría necesitar un pasatiempo. LOL.
I wish I had that collection mate, I'd like to see my savage 25 as one of those

Last edited:
Ojalá tuviera esa colección amigo, me gustaría ver mi savage 25 como una de esas
I wish I had that collection mate, I'd like to see my savage 25 as one of those,

Can't speak Spanish but put what you said through google translator and that's what it came out with.

You too can have a Savage collection like mine, just ditch the wife/girlfriend and then you can spend money on your toys like me. LOL..

Oh Happy Days.

Well Guys, just finished the overhaul of my Savage X F4.6 and I think she looks well peachy, looks better than the day I bought it I think. Out of all my 6 Savages this has to be my favorite. Spend all of it's time on it's rear wheels. Once the fronts up it just stays up if you keep the throttle nailed. I love this truck.

Attachments

• DSCF0199.JPG
    DSCF0199.JPG
    349.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF0198.JPG
    DSCF0198.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF0197.JPG
    DSCF0197.JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0196.JPG
    DSCF0196.JPG
    366.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF0193.JPG
    DSCF0193.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0191.JPG
    DSCF0191.JPG
    405.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0189.JPG
    DSCF0189.JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0188.JPG
    DSCF0188.JPG
    367.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0181.JPG
    DSCF0181.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0180.JPG
    DSCF0180.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 12
Ojalá tuviera esa colección compañero, me gustaría ver mi savage 25 como uno de esos,

No puedo hablar español, pero puse lo que dijiste a través del traductor de Google y eso es lo que salió.

Tú también puedes tener una colección Savage como la mía, solo deshazte de la esposa/novia y luego puedes gastar dinero en tus juguetes como yo. LOL..

Oh Días Felices.
Sorry about that i forget that detail hahaha lol

The last parts arrived from china today, the rear hubs, oh happy days. Now the Savage X K4.6 is finished too. and what a wide stance it has. And before any coments about all the ally, this truck will problably never see the light of day let alone a Bash track. It might get a little run around the local golf course in the summer if the greens are nice and dry. She is most definitely a shelf queen.

Attachments

• DSCF0208.JPG
    DSCF0208.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0209.JPG
    DSCF0209.JPG
    475.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0203.JPG
    DSCF0203.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0213.JPG
    DSCF0213.JPG
    433.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0224.JPG
    DSCF0224.JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0219.JPG
    DSCF0219.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0228.JPG
    DSCF0228.JPG
    454.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0229.JPG
    DSCF0229.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0230.JPG
    DSCF0230.JPG
    479.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0231.JPG
    DSCF0231.JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 9
Top marks loverly looking truck my friend! 👍🏻
Tell me is the Tsais pipe just as loud as stock pipe?
Well to be honest, I have no idea as have never fired is truck up with this pipe on it. Just saw it in my local model shop and thought to myself, I gotta have one of them. The magpie effect- shiney, shiney, bling,bling must have LOL. I've heard that they are a little bit quieter than stock but also that you cant get such a good tune on your mill with one but then heard the same thing about the twin rear outlet pipes to. I have one of these on a K5.9 in one of my truckzilla's and it goes like stink, I couldn't tell any differnce between it and my XL k5.9 with the std HPI ally pipe. but I will say the twin pipe sounds great and looks the business, cut 2 notches out of the rear body bumper so all you can see is the 2 outlet pipes. Look cool with twin smoke coming from the back. just like a real yank pickup. Plus you can still get the Roto Start shaft in under it with ease, Used a piece of 15mm copper pumbing pipe inside the blue silicon boat exhaust tube as didn't think it would last long on its own.
I'll tell you what is loud though and that is starting up a K5.9 on a test rig in your kitchen with just the header pipe attached and no sillencer. Only ran it for a couple of minutes and was deaf for the next 4 hours.

Attachments

• DSCF0236.JPG
    DSCF0236.JPG
    308.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0237.JPG
    DSCF0237.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0238.JPG
    DSCF0238.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 5
Lol thanks for info, have emailed HPI asking if they have any plans to bring back polished pipe & replied saying no plans as of yet but can get the black version, which I think they are missing a trick there!
Don’t think my wife would let me get away with starting truck up inside, lol!

Lol thanks for info, have emailed HPI asking if they have any plans to bring back polished pipe & replied saying no plans as of yet but can get the black version, which I think they are missing a trick there!
I think HPI are missing a lot of tricks. They are just a shadow of the company they used to be. So many of the parts which they used to produce are discontinued now and alot of the parts are of an inferior quaulity to the old ones. You only have to look at the prices the old parts are fetching on eBay to see that there is still a demand for them. Bid on a battery voltage indicator the other week and gave up when it reached £62. There plastic composite exhausts blows the flang ring off when used on a 5.9 mill cos can't take the heat, have had 2 new one come apert now. There new fuel tanks look like could crack it with finger pressure. Even the flywheel hub nut they now supply dosn't allow the clutch springs to locate properly. The list of things wrong with these parts they supply just goes on. Not the great company they used to be. Once if you had a Savage you was king, not so sure now. Just my opinion but I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my models. Old school motor mechanic by trade, think that's my problem.

I think HPI are missing a lot of tricks. They are just a shadow of the company they used to be. So many of the parts which they used to produce are discontinued now and alot of the parts are of an inferior quaulity to the old ones. You only have to look at the prices the old parts are fetching on eBay to see that there is still a demand for them. Bid on a battery voltage indicator the other week and gave up when it reached £62. There plastic composite exhausts blows the flang ring off when used on a 5.9 mill cos can't take the heat, have had 2 new one come apert now. There new fuel tanks look like could crack it with finger pressure. Even the flywheel hub nut they now supply dosn't allow the clutch springs to locate properly. The list of things wrong with these parts they supply just goes on. Not the great company they used to be. Once if you had a Savage you was king, not so sure now. Just my opinion but I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my models. Old school motor mechanic by trade, think that's my problem.

Sadly this is completely true, HPI is bankrupt and been sold a couple of times yet it just never took off much, I have read about their struggle, much like many other older companies they have just not gotten their feet back underneath them, Many of the companies who made parts have fallen by the wayside, I remember back in the 80's when they first started coming of age, sad to me that this is happening but in this world "business is business" and if you are not profitable you will die and blow away...

Personally I have not run any of my Nitro stuff in a few years because I just don't have the hands for doing all that so they mostly sit and collect dust, I polish them up once in a while but that's about it..
I currently run mostly trail type rigs and find some fun in that as long as my mobility scooter can go to a place to play for awhile, I have arthritus in my hands and other medical issues that making walking difficult hence the need for the mobility scooter., currently my oldest son is making a course in the backyard and I will be able to sit on my patio and run some of my toys out there, as it is life goes on and I enjoy playing with toys still, guess I am into my second childhood...

Sorry to hear that Jam 1. Myself I am now 58 and think deep down I never grew up, have always loved my RC trucks. Got my 1st savage 25 some 30 years ago now, got hte bug and ended up with 3 or 4 then got feed up with all the shite tryin to get them started to go out with my mates down the local park. Would start them all up at home great then travel 15 mins down to the park and spend the next couplke of hours tryin to get the bloody things started again. One of my mates then got an FG 1/5 monster truck and that was that I had to have one but with all my hobbies it got out of hand and end up with 7 of them, cars, trucks , lorries, even biult a custom one off. In the end got into racing touring car in the UK Southern Series, well that broke the bank big time. even with out crashing them would burn up £100+ in tyres in just one meet. Plus the adrenaline from the competitiveness would bring on my angina, had a double heart bypass back in 2003. So gave that all up and then didn't touch RC's till earlier this year when was lookin through Facebook Maket place and spotted a guy sellins a pair of savages in really poor condition so went and bought them. One now being my mint savage 25 and the other being the Savage F4.6 also now mint. and the bug has bit again. I just love the biuild and settting them up, then sitting down starring at them and thinkin to myself they look good.Taking them out and using them is the down side.

I fully understand your predicament, been there done the racing thing till it got so ridiculous expensive so I "retired" and built a track for playing on at home. we have ClodBusters that we play with and some trailing and for fun..
I am 67 and had run my body to the limit and it finally said enough in 2009 and since I retired for real all I do is buy one I like and fix it up back to past glory and then put it on my shelves till I want to play with it, yes there is alot of money into many of them but I didnt mind doing it, I now have too many to list in various scales and they all can run, when I run out of room I just got more shelves and put my toys on them so I can admire them, I have over 50 off all types, planes, cars, boats guess it is an addiction but when all said and done if I can't enjoy myself then why the hell even bother to wake up every day the way I see it my habit is better than drugs and I get to play with my addiction with no side effects other than some money spent....

Jam 1, Listerning to you makes me feel almost normal, and I do say almost. lol. so many of my friends, well work colleagues think I,m mad spending the mount of money i do on what they see as kids toys. I think it's great to see us older generarion doing stuff like this.. Who said you have to grow up, just grow old and party on. Were only here once.

Just some of my addiction... I even have rare ones that may be worth some real money but they are MINE MINE MINE !!!! Out in my "shop" I am happiest, my boys, my grandson and I fix and hopup our toys out here and talk shop and in general have time with our shared hobby, my old friends don't understand my ways but doing it my way is the only way I know so I keep after it... to me there is NOTHING better than spending time with my boys....

Attachments

• DSCN5114.JPG
    DSCN5114.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN5099.JPG
    DSCN5099.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN5050.JPG
    DSCN5050.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN5049.JPG
    DSCN5049.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN4515.JPG
    DSCN4515.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN4514.JPG
    DSCN4514.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN4512.JPG
    DSCN4512.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN2658.JPG
    DSCN2658.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN2657.JPG
    DSCN2657.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN2655.JPG
    DSCN2655.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 10
Just some of my addiction... I even have rare ones that may be worth some real money but they are MINE MINE MINE !!!!
Jam1, It's been great chatting with you and I'd love to be let loose in your shop. Keep the spirit alive my friend, but sadly it's 20 to 9 pm here in the UK and got to be up at 5 for work tomorrow. And have got to fit a couple of heavy duty diffs that arrived today and fit a bit of Ally bling to my 2nd Truckzilla the one with the vintage red body. Catch up soon on the forum.

Gary

As along as it still gives you a kick & is not harming anyone why stop, like you say life’s to short!
Like you wanted the HPI battery indicator Gazzman but refused to pay silly price they we’re reaching so, so got one like this model!👍🏻
https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/85107/
This one from J.perkins part number JP-4444505 is an extact fit in the savage radio box cutout and only cost £10. Wheelspin models now have them back in stock, got an email from them the other day. It's what you see in my Savages. got 3 more in the post from Ian Budgen - ModellbauUK at the moment. They work perfect. Dip switch controllable for the voltage of your pack, check them out. Very accurate readings

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 3
Good find Gazzman, do they show red when voltage is low?
Yes mate, below is a picture of the unit , dip switches for voltage and led colour code green yellow and red. when i say an extact fit, the 2 fixing holes are about 1mm out with the slots in the radio box, I just take a blade and round the radio box very slightly. the main difference between this item and the original one this that this one only lights one led at a time. so fully charged thr right green one is on and as the battery looses voltage the lights move from right to left. they are very stable and do not jump up and down when the servos are working.

Attachments

• IMG_20220228_202944.jpg
    IMG_20220228_202944.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220228_203156.jpg
    IMG_20220228_203156.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220228_203137.jpg
    IMG_20220228_203137.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220228_202959.jpg
    IMG_20220228_202959.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220228_202924.jpg
    IMG_20220228_202924.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 7
  • s-l500 (1).jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 7
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 7
Yes mate, below is a picture of the unit , dip switches for voltage and led colour code green yellow and red. when i say an extact fit, the 2 fixing holes are about 1mm out with the slots in the radio box, I just take a blade and round the radio box very slightly. the main difference between this item and the original one this that this one only lights one led at a time. so fully charged thr right green one is on and as the battery looses voltage the lights move from right to left. they are very stable and do not jump up and down when the servos are working.
Good find Gazzman, do they show red when voltage is low?
Here's a better image of the led layout and dip switches

Attachments

• Document_2022-04-28_230356.jpg
    Document_2022-04-28_230356.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 4
I do cut the front off the 2 black rubber mount fixing in half, makes the unit sit closer to the outside of the radio box better. You only need it on the back of the PCB board to stop the nuts touching the two wire solder points. You could also use plastic nuts but I used what I had m3x15mm bolts and nuts. Done this on 5 of my 6 trucks with no problems. 6th one has old style radio box. So anyway to the geezer who out bid me on eBay the other night and paid 62 quid plus postage, read this and weep. LOL.

Lol his lossyour gain Gazzman! 👍🏻
Thanks for useful info, the one I have is much bigger & flickers up/down like knight rider with not really giving you an actual state of battery, although never run battery right down to see it just stays on red section!

Just looking at data sheet you posted Gazzman if your using a 6v hump pack where do you put dip switches as see there are two positions?

Just looking at data sheet you posted Gazzman if your using a 6v hump pack where do you put dip switches as see there are two positions?
This Data sheet covers two types of battery checker OBI-05L and OBI-05H , the 05L is for NiCd/NiMH cells and the 05H is for LiPo cells. The JP4444505 is the NiMH version, so for a 6volt hump pack you would set switch 1 to ON and switch 2 to OFF. they come set for 4.8volts both switches on, just need to flick switch 2 down to off. Part number for the LiPo version is 4444510 which is the model OBI-05H

Attachments

• 1651264825028.png
    1651264825028.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 2
Okay many thanks for clearing that up Gazzman, have just ordered one from WSModels! 👍🏻

Latest posts

Members online

Back