just sealed carb and backing plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urospec

I sealed my backing plate and carb today and the lhs told me that is was a waste of time and not important contrary to what I have read here. I do not understand why he would say this....Any ideas why he would say this? It seems that it would only make sense to seal air leaks.

To me it sounds like he never had an nitro and runs electric or does not run them enough to come across that problem . On all my nitros i have sealed with rtv and green slime. It is one of best thangs to do because the o-rings do not make an good enough seal and thats when the rtv sealent comes in handy or you will be chasing an tune later on.

I'm not sure what sways his opinion on the sealing vs not sealing issue, who knows :dunno:

in general tho, id say beware of the guy at the lhs , they are in business to sell you product and its been my experience that they have little in-depth knowledge on questions ive seen asked.

ive seen the guy behind the counter at my lhs explain to a customer that you use a cold glow plug when its hot during the summer months and a hot plug when its colder during the fall/winter months.
headshot

Latest posts

Members online

Back