jr servos, are they crap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinker2141

I recently blew my steering servo
(a tree assaulted my truck) and the lhs
recomended a jr high torque metal gear servo to
replace my s3305 so I picked it up, installed it and in under
a quarter tank it just quit the lhs replaced it and when I
put in the second it died even faster, both times were on
flat driveway doing circles while I broke in a rebuilt motor
so there was no thrashing at all. Is this a normal occurence and should
I stay away from JR products?

I recently purchased an LST2 it had a jr racing radio set up....within 2 tanks of fuel the reciever and three of the four servos were burnt up....now I have a brand new LST2 and no radio for it....the worst part is i'm in Canada and warrenty is 3 to 4 months of wait time......thank god for HPI though my Savage still rips..I might have just got a lemon though cause I got a few buddies who own the same truck and never had a problem

I have never used one, but generally they have a good reputation.

i personally don't like em.......i live by the S3305's and haven't messed up one yet. usually i buy them but the pack of 5. i have bout jr's and hitec's and have messed them up after only 2 or 3 runs. but i guess its all a matter of preference.......

I love the 3305 and had it for both but the gears got fragged by the tree and I had to order some more, the jr was supposed to be a filler, now I have my throttle 3305 on my steering and a hite 645mg on my throttle until my gear set comes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run a JR 9100t for my steering and it is awesome! Remember, you get what you pay for. If you spend $30 on a servo then it is going to perform like a $30 servo.....

wasnt a $30 servo it was $60 and to have 2 in a row quit electricaly with less than 10 min on them isnt what I pay for even when I do low ball a part.
Bank, I loved the sf-2 but when I blew it I took out the gears and the case, it was cheaper to replace it.

yes it is much cheaper to get a new 3305. I was just saying it is no upgrade. still too weak for a savage. most don't like the sf2 but like the 3305 not knowing it is a sf-2 I like 200oz servos or up with .07 to .13 transit times.

I have my eye on a hi-tech, the one with titanium gears and 330 oz of torque @ 6v, but I gotta save for it, it is $150 servo and my wife just dosnt seem to get the importance....I wonder why not?

Yeah that servo isn't up to Savage requirements IMO. I would go for something around the 200oz mark and at least .15sec.

I have ran Hitec's before and they were fine along with JR. I had my eyes set on the JR for a long time though. Both are great companies but you gotta get a servo that is strong enough for your needs, not just a servo. A servo lacking torque won't last long at all if it is weak. Get a servo that is overpowered for the needs and it will most likely last a very long time.

Yeah, too much power or over powered are both statements that, cant, wont, or shoudnt apply to the savage at all ever!

i have a JR ST-126MG in my savvy, and for the 4wheel steering in my tamiya. i have yet to strip a gear. i actually broke the housing from torquing it too much.

^^^ good stuff right here. Nice post Whip! I don't run them nore say this is good but whipnet is on the money... Same servo

Thanks Bro. I've been running one for over a year with no problems... and you've seen how I drive (cartwheel)

Thanks whip, I think that I will look into picking that servo up asap the 3305 is good but not for the way truck seems to spend its time cartwheeling across my yard.

let me know how you like it...

It works like a charm, but now I am finding that I cant drive... when the wheels actualy steer amzing things involving inertia, gravity, and my pay check seem to happen!

Latest posts

Members online

Back