Jammin CRT Suspensino Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butters

Hey all,

I thought I woud share my lastet project. After racing my Savage 21 several time this year I thought I was about time for an overhaul. I first bought HPI LCG chasis, but that didn't seem enough. After racing at RC Car Action's Monster Madness IV @ RC Madness, Enfield Ct with the new LCG chasis, I can say the truck didn't seem like the old one. I had my suspension dialed, the truck drove like it was on rails and can tell you that for the A-main the track was beat. While corner mashling the Truggy class I began to wonder why wouldn't the suspension from an Jammin CRT fit on to the savage. Well I can tell you when bolted on the wheel base grows roughly 1 to 1.5 inches wider. The only major dremeling that I occured was on the lower suspenion arms. I had open up the exisitng releif for the bulkhead. I also created a new upper arm from the Jammin upper arm also. As of right now I am $145 into this mod. Hpi does make their new suspension conversion kit, but I did'nt want to pay that much. Also their susension doesnt widen the wheel base.
One benefit I found out is that I am now able to bolt LST shocks with out having to make any bracket.

As of right now the front is almost finished. I will post pictures of the truck tomarrow but also need to get two hinge pins tomarrow to finish the truck. I have race this weekend and will post a response on how the suspension held up.

butters...lookin good. i have my interest peaked with this mod.
do the stock dog bones fit or are you using the jammin cvds?

Stock Dog Bones!!!! I did buy jammin CVDs, but the issue with this is the chambers really isn't fully adjustable. The best I could get was 0 degrees and I'm looking for -2. I will post a complete parts list on whats needed after this weekend.

The truck is built and looks sick!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back