issues with RC SCREWZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonydig11

hey guys. i was at LHS and they had RC SCREWZ set for savage SS/25. i have a XL and figured that most of the screws would work and they do. My problem is that the heads are a little bigger than my metric hex set. keep in mind that i have a decent hex set. long story short is that I'm stripping heads like crazy and its ****ing me off. the L wrenches that came with the screw kit fit the screw heads just fine. could it be that they are standard size heads with metric thread. like i said, the screws all fit in the truck its just the heads.

Wish I could help tony. I have no clue what your looking at over there. I say, if they came with a set that fits the this may be the case. Take a screw or the full rc into a hardware shop. The ma and pop store down the road loves to look mine over when I stroll in. Grab a standard set and try it ... if it fits well ... thats my simple answer...

Maybe a member has that screw kit and helps you out IDK. I get my screws in bulk from fastenal I get 100 + for the price of a mass produced kit. So I have no experience with any kits on the market. Sorry I cant be of better help

Good luck bud !
Justin

thanks for the advice guys. i only got the RC screwz kit because i wanted to get rid of the phillips heads.

rc screws are on the list of useless stuff to buy for a savage! if you have to get it off....what i did was took my Dremel and cut a slot in them so i could get them off with a regular screwdriver. be careful on the cutting that you don't go too deep. if you have loctite on them...thanke a soldering iron a hold on the bolt.....then use the screw driver and she should come right out. i only use hpi stock bolts...cuz you can ALWAYS fina flat or philip but seem to NEVER find the allen wrench with a good head on it!! LOL!

ya i've heard negative things about them quite alot actually...

Yep, same here... I say they are crap. I bought the set and used about 16 of the screws, the other 200 are just sitting there. I can;t figure out what they want me to do with them. You should use the coarse thread screws if gong into plastic, not machine thread. Most of the screws go into plastic on a savage, but all of the screwz screws are machine thread?

Can you get hex head coarse threads from fastenal?

Socket cap (sorry), I'm used to calling them hex head so other people know what I'm talking about, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back