is this the right one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one style you can use but you will need at least one more rod for the throttle. I used a t-maxx linkage kit on one of my trucks before the midtank mod and that kit gave me the rods and the sliders (barrel style),and stops.
tmaxx linkage http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-TMaxx-3...8QQihZ008QQcategoryZ44028QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He is a pic of an ofna style I have done.
8bbdbe14.jpg

I used te stock brake section of the stock servo horn, drilled a hole just behind the brake slot and munted a slider there, then I cut the brake slot off and drilled a hole there (can use the orginal brake slot), and I used ball ends on the brake and the throttle but you don't need to just z-bend rod like the stock.
Truely all you really need is 1 slider, 4 stops a spring or two, and 2 z-bent rods (stock brake rod works fine).

here is mine 2 just a little diffrent set up than JTM, get a basic idea so you can buils your own. east to do. mine is made up of sliders, aluminum servo arm, airplane linkage rods and quik links.
brakes0018ok.jpg

just a slight bend and the throttle linkage fits perfect arond the X roll bar

newpicsjune06082small1ri.jpg

Mine is just backwards set up and longer brake rod cas of the LCG TVP.

newpicsjune06072small1ax.jpg

ok guys seriously could I just get a spring from some of those pens I find laying around school!?

It did for me, better gas and brake contol. The stocker if you are fine tuning it lack's some what, a little slopy for me. If your useing a farly high end radio it help take the slack out when makeing fine adjustments. A better setup IMO.

The spring between the throttle and brake arms on the stock set up get weak quick and doesn't allow for full throttle adjustment is some cases.

i was speaking to a guy at hpi tech centre he told me to take the spring off my savvy x and replace it with a lenght of fuel tube
what you think that would achieve apart from being firmer than the spring and it obviously wont compress the same ??????

You answered your own question, it will will compress at a different rate and be stiffer. Traxxas uses the fuel line on the brake linkage of the T-Maxx and that is how my savage was when I bought it. The purpose of the throttle mod in the pics above is to eliminate the spring that sits between the brake and throttle arm, which can flex during accleration or not allow the carb to open all the way.

Latest posts

Members online

Back