is my LiPo gone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedonist222

So I have an HPI Savage Flux HP
I presume to think that I have set it up correctly that the ESC has the low voltage cutoff enabled.

Today while playing, the car immediately slowed down and then stopped. Wouldn't go forward, but tires did turn left/right via transmitter.

Weird I thought. My understanding is LVC retards car performance but doesn't kill it. It'll allow you to drive it back to you at a slow speed.

Any how, I connect the battery (5450 mAh 2S 60C ) to the battery checker and get this:

20150529_212506_zps2hdqrmcl.jpg

My understanding is the cutoff is either 3V or 3.2V

How did my car let the voltage to go to 2.98V???

If your car stopped while running, it was time to charge the batteries. If you are going to have a Flux, then you need a minimum of 4, if not six batteries to go out and play. Charge your two batteries on LiPo settings and go. Your charger should shut off at around 8.4, or start beeping or something and say end.
My Flux stops dead when the batteries are ready to charge. No warning, just stop. Charge your batteries.

Last edited:
Are you using a charger with a balance connector? If not you are damaging it. Same goes with leaving the battery connected while not in use. Also, unbalanced cells usually is a precursor to the cell failing.

So. as X said, are you using a charger with a balance connector? Are you disconnecting the batteries when not in use? If so, charge your batteries, follow the instructions that came with your charger, always disconnect batteries when not in use, be sure to charge with a balancing connector, and quit worrying about where your battery stops. Just charge them after use, and be ready for your next session. If you don't already have one, a dual charger is a great one to have when you are running a Savage Flux.

Are you using a charger with a balance connector? If not you are damaging it. Same goes with leaving the battery connected while not in use. Also, unbalanced cells usually is a precursor to the cell failing.

I used a fake Imax b6 charger twice. When I realized it was fake, I got a SKYRC quattro charger.
But when using the fake Imax, I balance charged.

What do you leaving the batter connected when not in use? Connected to what?

So. as X said, are you using a charger with a balance connector? Are you disconnecting the batteries when not in use? If so, charge your batteries, follow the instructions that came with your charger, always disconnect batteries when not in use, be sure to charge with a balancing connector, and quit worrying about where your battery stops. Just charge them after use, and be ready for your next session. If you don't already have one, a dual charger is a great one to have when you are running a Savage Flux.

Yes, with balance connector.
When not in use, I disconnect from the deans connector of the car but leave batteries in the battery bay.
I'm not worrying about the battery unneccesarily. Just wondered why a cell went to 2.98 when the Savage's LVC should have stopped it at 3.2
Now , I think, the reason is the savage sees 3.2 total ?

I always balance charge.
I see no reason not to.
Its the same action as charging, so why not plug in the balance lead and balance charge at the same time.
I don't get why anyone wouldn't.

Regarding voltage per cell.

Still, I'm uneasy about the vehicle's LVC and the voltage per cell.

If the Savage Flux HP is set to cut off at 3.2, whos 3.2 is it?

First of all, there are four potential 3.2's because two batteries and 2 cells per battery.

So , what does the LVC monitor?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back