Is it time to cry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellraiser1981

Were do I start?
Before I always load the flux into the car, I always check it over & yesterday I found a problem!
I powered the old girl up only not to hear the beeps from the ESC, but some really funny sounds & the LEDs were going mad.
I'm also not getting power to the motor, now what should I do?
Is it time to buy a new ESC as it's now just over a year old lol!
Unreal really as before I put it in the shed last weekend it was fine,
Cheers Pat

also make sure the packs are charged and the low voltage cutoff is set right i did that before set the cutoff for when i ran 3s and forgot to put it back for 2s

I think it's set to auto LiPo, I'll have a good check over it tomorrow & plug the laptop into it. I have a spare ESC but I'd like to find out what the problem is.

I'm using these LiPo's
This radio
As for the radio I haven't changed any of the settings..... I have reset the ESC as the manual & its still playing up.
Thanks guys for your help so far
Pat

The packs seem ok. The higher the C rating the better. 35C or 40C are ideal. Maybe phone up HPI and ask them if your covered for a replacement ESC. As of now I'm kind stumped. I just got into the BL scene building a savy flux, ran nitro for 3 years.

Thanks for your'e advise, I'll try charging all the batts up & I'll try again.
If that doesn't work I'll get on to Hpi.
Cheers Pat

I spent most of the afternoon playing around trying to work this little problem out, after checking batteries, radio gear I noticed on the receiver a red LED kept coming on after playing around with the steering so after disconnecting the servo all was good! :smiliejam:

So replaced the servo with a spare & off I went lol

Thank a lot for all your help guys
Pat

yet another reason that steer me further away from buying an electric setup. switch on rx pack, fuel tank, and go..gotta love nitro

yet another reason that steer me further away from buying an electric setup. switch on rx pack, fuel tank, and go..gotta love nitro

But if you think about it, it wouldn't let me drive it for a reason, & it was my radio gear that was stopping me.
A faulty steering servo
Oh well I'm happy :beer:

Latest posts

Members online

Back