Is it busted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNation

Mister QUESTION with no SEARCHIES
I turn on my savage xs, press on the throttle and I start to hear twitching from the motor. I checked all connections. Everything is secure and tight. I realized that all the wires are getting hot after I pressed the throttle and twitched a little. I went home and tried to find the problem. I took the motor out and when I tried to turn the shaft it wouldn't turn. For some reason the shaft is jammed and would not rotate. I had to get pliers in order to rotate it and even then it was really hard. Not sure what the problem is.

did ya take the motor apart and see what is wrong. if not do so and find the trouble.....

Time for a new motor??

you do know there is motor maintenance required even using a brushless setup right? that motor looks like it has never been cleaned and maintained from day 1

I take really good care of my stuff but I'm the second owner of this vehicle. Now we got that out of the way I need the biggest bang for the buck for my savage xs. Any ideas??? I'm thinking castle 1410....

with my electric stuff every time I run them I clean the motor and vehicle before I put them away for next time.... guess I am obsessive compulsive for doing it, but I have gotten years and years out of my R/C stuff before having to replace things like motors etc.... as far as your selection of motor it will depend on how you use it and the gearing you use, and also what your esc can handle... choose wisely and ask questions of the seller about which one for your application will work best......

I'm a basher mainly and I do some spontaneous speed runs. I got mamba max pro with the 3s LiPo gears... That's it.

I'm not sure nitro. I would search the web and see if there are others runnin or askin about that motor for the xs. Or comments from people who have, if they have. I personally wouldn't go past 4600kv and you wouldn't be able to run 3s with the 5700kv motor.

I just realized there's 2 different thickness for the castle 1410 motor drive shaft.

The flux vektor 4000 was 3.2. Is there a difference between the 5mm and 3.2mm drive shaft in terms of power etc...?

There is almost 20$ difference in price for both.

Hello.I have the same problem whit my tork motor but if we change just the axle it wil work...and for future just put some hot glue in the hols of the motor so the dust doesn't get in.I forgot to do that and the axle got sanded after a run....
now where I can find an axle around here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.I have the same problem whit my tork motor but if we change just the axle it wil work...and for future just put some hot glue in the hols of the motor so the dust doesn't get in.I forgot to do that and the axle got sanded after a run....
now where I can find an axle around here?

Are you by chance referring to the shaft in the motor?? and just for future reference please don't swear in your posts please i edited it out for you this time..... the other thing I am wondering is the hot glue ??? are you using that to seal up the electric motor? caz doing so willl not let it circulate air thru and cool the motor.......

Yes i mean the shaft...mine got sanded and the magnets got lose inside but if I change the shaft it wil work normal again.The holes are for mounting the motor not for ventilation because it doesn't need internal ventilation,the electrical part has cooling on the outside.I am sorry if a swore in the post but I don't know what you are talking about.
Regards

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back