Is HPI ever coming back?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheelspinn

I'm just wondering if anyone has the real deal low down on HPIs status. I talked to someone at A-main back in early January and I was told they would have parts to distribute by the end of January... Everything is still out of stock.
I'm tired of feeling like I shouldn't bash my flux for fear of not being able to get diff parts or transmission gears...

Diff parts can be found anywhere, almost any 1/8 diffs can be made to work.

The stock flux trans is not up to the task of anything over 4s imo. They do also make direct drive center diff trans for all brushless savage platforms.

Always remember it could be way worse you could be a nitro fan too like myself and many other savage bashers, nitro guys need way more hpi transmission parts, not to mention anything nitro (engines fuel tanks) is becoming hard to get from quality companies....might be extinct in a few years

Just from rc insider chatter it sounds like hpi is gona be out for at least another year, by then they might be done anyway!

The savage platform will live on for much longer. Look to the clodbuster for example that thing was outdated almost 20 years ago.

There are parts out there you just have to look. I scored a gold mine with a local dude that has boxes upon boxes of savages, chassis, and every part possible. I periodically go to him and stock up. Look around and find the things you break the most and pick up a few if you see them. I have some extra parts on order that won’t be available until March so just have to play the waiting game. If hpi tanks, there’s nothing we can do but bite the bullet and collect parts and roll with it

I got a response around first of Jan-18 from HPI support regarding PARTS...,I think his name is Alan or Nathan. He said "there are people working night and day on this". Maybe we could ALL send an E-Mail and see what response we get . [email protected].

I forwarded the HPI Comeback video to [email protected] and I got a response from Josh Nixon , Sorry it wasn't Alan or Nathan.

RE: PARTS .....

2/9/18

Good Morning,

I can ensure you we are working on new products. However the main focus is to get the factories up and running to the speed we expect, this will enable us to provide a backup of spares of our existing models as well as designing new products.

We can only apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience.

Kind Regards
Josh Nixon
Customer Service Technician

HPI Racing Ltd
19 William Nadin Way
Tel: +44(0)845 0066160

Swadlincote
Tel: +44(0)1283 226570

Derbyshire
Fax: +44(0)1283 552713
DE11 0BB

Web: www.hpiracing.com