Integy T6723 for X 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have integy shocks on my xl and they look nice and all but are extremely weak! I don’t know how many shock shafts I’ve gone through over the years on that truck. If you bash, stick with the plastic big bores. They are practically indestructible

I have integy shocks on my xl and they look nice and all but are extremely weak! I don’t know how many shock shafts I’ve gone through over the years on that truck. If you bash, stick with the plastic big bores. They are practically indestructible
That's what I run on my flux HP and ran on my X.

One thing I can say not to get for sure are RPM arms if you run a 4 shock setup. They twist on impact and snap the shock ends off. That got old fast.

So is the HPI big bore shocks loads better then the two shocks on each corner for toughness & less prone to bend/leak then?

To be honest, I haven't run the 8 shock setup in over a decade, so I can't really remember how it performed. I just know ever since I started using the plastic body big bores, I never thought about going back to the 8 shock setup. Less to maintain and they perform well.

From what you say then speaks volumes in performance olds_Iss, can you remember how much shock oil you would need to fill up all four shocks?

Sorry, been way too long. I changed oil a few times and ended up with 40wt, white springs on the front, yellow on the rear along with the smaller stiff spring. That's my Flux HP (short savage). I ran the same oil on my X when I had it, but ran white springs on all 4.

I can't recall if it took more than a typical bottle or not to fill them.

Springs:
More Shock Springs available!
#86549 - Shock Spring 18x80x1.5mm 12.5 Coils/Blue 71gF/mm
#86550 - Shock Spring 18x80x1.5mm 10.5 Coils/Silver 89gF/mm
#86551 - Shock Spring 18x80x1.8mm 14.5 Coils/Pink 134gF/mm
#86553 - Shock Spring 18x80x1.8mm 12.5mm Coils/White 159gF/mm
#86554 - Shock Spring 18x80x1.8mm 11.5mm Coils/Yellow 177gF/mm
#86555 - Shock Spring 18x80x1.8mm 10.5mm Coils/Red 196gF/mm

Did a quick search and seems a 2oz bottle will fill them with some left over:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/hpi-big-bore-oil-how-much.7503/post-97542

I've tried the Integy MSR4s when they came out 13 yrs ago, bent a 2 shock shafts on a 5ft high jump with a good landing. Then tried the MSR5s, .5mm larger dia shaft than the 4s. Bent one first time bashing. Then tried the MSR6s W/5mm dia shaft, bent those. Went back to a 8 shock stock setup for awhile then got some stock Cen GST 7.7 shocks and ran 4 of those. Those were some strong shocks. Never bent a shaft and only had the reservoir shock cap pop off once. Then a rebuild usin all Innovative RC parts with LST shocks. Like the LST setup, then found some optional alum Cen GST 7.7 shocks and have been runnin them since. They are basically the same as the HPI big bores but a little but shorter in overall length. Lower ride height, yes please. Also, the hellfire shock springs fit them also.

Latest posts

Members online

Back