Integy Spur Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubfunkstar

i just got a new Integy spur gear for my savage 21. I got the adapter that goes forward of it and the gear. Am I missing something else. It has no place for a bearing so the spring will just tighten against the gear itself. Plus I don't see how the slipper clutch works on it. Any help would be great. Want to get this beast bashing again.

image.jpg

@Dubfunkstar in my opinion you just wasted a few bucks. I've never been a fan of Integy parts for one and based on a few reviews here on HPISF this spur gear doesn't have a good rep either, issues with it cracking and not holding up.

A plastic spur gear works perfectly and is all you really need. If you're stripping spur gears then your mesh is either incorrect or you've got a lose engine mount which means your mesh is also incorrect. ;) With correct mesh, you should very rarely be stripping spur gears.

If that doesn't suffice and you just have to have a metal spur gear then go a company that's known for making some of the best gears on the market, Robinson Racing.

If you really really want to use the Integy spur then I believe you need this adapter as well. :blackeye:

Latest posts

Members online

Back