Integy Products

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXX

Are Integy products low scale, or mediocre compared to the likes of LST,CEN,IRC products in terms of suspension. I hardly see anyone mentioning Integy in most of the threads. I noticed that Integy MSR4/MSR8 shocks are lowly priced from Tower Hobbies (8 shocks for 125 Dollars), when you compare it to IRC or LST's which cost slightly more, plus you have to get the proper mounting equipment for those shocks unlike the Integy's which mount up to the stock towers on the X 4.6

So whats the scoop is Integy any good, or is there noted problems with their products?

I personally will never buy any of their products again. They have horrible customer service and I question the quality of aluminum they use. Some of the simple stuff would be ok like shock towers. The new shocks I hear are better than the previous designs because they beefed everthing up. Also I don't believe the new ms8s will fit without some modding and you will never get all eight of those on the savage without modding, you only need four. If you do buy integy buy from your lhs so you can inspect them for defects and let them deal with customer returns. I got some arms from them along time ago with holes not drilled!!!

Thank you for the input, I was wondering why it seemed Integy is rarely mentioned on any thread on mostly ever forum i been too. I figured there was a reason lol.

Well They do have a few good products , there msr5 shocks sucked , but there msr8 shocks are good

I'll probably just end up getting the LST conversion and putting IRC's on. Of course this is all long term ideas, just want to get an idea on everything and compile a list.

Funny this comes up because I was talking to some new friends I met today and they have been in this hobby for quite some time and had nothing good to say about any of their products. In fact I have never heard anything good from anywhere or anybody about them so I have never even tried their products. Some things are better left to word of mouth IMO! I hate to bad mouth anything especially
never trying them but....
Dave

Dave, here is one for you, I do like there 6mm HD TVP's. I built a truck using mostly there parts. At first I had a problem with a few items not fitting, but I was very new to this hobby and it was the first time I had ever put one of these trucks together, turns out every part I complained about, (save one) fit perfectly, I had just done something wrong. The only thing I have had a problm with was the skid plates bent, and the piggy back caps for the stock shocks seems to leak a little. but I think any alu skids are a bad idea... some parts, I have learned, sholdn't be made out of alu.

As for there customer service, it was very very hard for me to get a hold of them. After about 3 week of trying I sent a email saying I would call there vendors, go on forums and tell people how hard it had been for me to get a hold of them, strangly enough within a week of that email I got answers to all of my emails.

Yeah i guess it falls under the old saying "you get what you paid for". Thanks for the input everyone.

I like the Integy chassis braces and the heat sink engine plate. I habe been running the braces for a year and the engine plate for 6 months or so and they both have held up very well. I also just purchased the integy rear hub carriers and they are beefy as heck. Only problem with them is I have to replace the screw that attaches them to the top A arm because they are so much thicker the stock screw wont fit.

I have the rear hub carriers on one truck and will get them for my other, I also have the engine plate and haven't had problems with it either, It does keep the motor cool, well the whole thing is ALU, it takes a while to get it up to temp

You should try the chassis brace. They will save you lots of spur gears.

Actually I do have that on one truck too, the first truck I got right after I got it I rebuilt it with all integy parts (before I had read anything negative about them) and the GPM gear boxes and tranny case's. Like I said at first I had some problems I raised cane about but in the end I found most all the problems were my mistakes. so far I cannot complain about anything except the skid plate's (which bent slightly, and have been replaced with plastic) and the roll cage which never did fit correctly (customer service did take care of that), and the HD turnbuckles (crash bought them and didn't have the problem I did), and the piggy back addons, they seem to leak not much I have never had to add oil but there is a bit of oil on the shock body.

So, I don't know, maybe there early stuff was not very good and hurt there reputation. I bought all the new HD stuff and really haven't had any other problems. I went with them because IMO they have some of the coolest looking parts out there.

the only exp i've had with integy was with there wheelie bar and the first time i cracked the throttle it bent!! so its on the shelf lol its to bad though cuz it looked awsome but bent really easy!

p.s.. i don't think it would have worked very well anyway as it doesnt seem to stick out far enough to make a difference!! and i agree there newer products do hold up better and they have some of the sweetest looking parts i've seen

Last edited by a moderator:
The rear hub carriers are great. I also have the MSR8s but with eight its too stiff and with four its not quite enough.

I forgot to mention I have the Integy Ultimate Braking System with titanium pads too. It is awsome looking and the titanium pads are thick. I wont have a chance to test it out till spring though, when racing starts back up because its in my race truck.

The rear hub carriers are great. I also have the MSR8s but with eight its too stiff and with four its not quite enough.

That's good to know, the alu truck I have is a bit heavier than stock (like 3 pounds) so 8 of those might be good on it? what weight oil do you use in them? Any problems with them leaking?

Have you tried the stock springs on them? that might help.

That's good to know, the alu truck I have is a bit heavier than stock (like 3 pounds) so 8 of those might be good on it? what weight oil do you use in them? Any problems with them leaking?

Have you tried the stock springs on them? that might help.

A heavy savy might be a good match for 8 MSR8s. I have ran 30,35 and 40 wt in them. I think one could use some new o-rings, but otherwise not to bad. The stock savy springs are much smaller in diameter and won't fit on these. If your interested I'll sell you mine for cheap.

A heavy savy might be a good match for 8 MSR8s. I have ran 30,35 and 40 wt in them. I think one could use some new o-rings, but otherwise not to bad. The stock savy springs are much smaller in diameter and won't fit on these. If your interested I'll sell you mine for cheap.

I think I am going to try the MSR5's they are a bit newer and heavier than the 8's.

thanks for the offer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back