initial run of the savage flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOLLYW00D

well, i had the opportunity to run the truck for a total of maybe 10 minuntes yesterday. it was FUN! =)

here's how it all went down: i got all my goodies on and went to a field. thinking that my clutch would not need to be locked down (because for some reason i'm special? reason and logic were not with me during this thought process), i set it up a quarter turn from full. man that sucker smells bad.... lost power instantly.

went home and fixed up the clutch and tore up the backyard a little (literally...). what a blast!

one thing i noticed, however, that when the truck is stationary, the wheels don't turn fully. with no weight on the front tires, the servo is acting like it should. apparently the stock servo (SF-5) has ~300 oz/in of torque, so it didn't make sense that it can't push the front end around when stationary.... like an idiot, i rant out and picked up a JR Z9100T. got it installed, only to find the problem was not resolved. of course, there's no returning the bugger. my question is, is this normal that the servo can't push around the tires when the truck is stationary? it seems to turn fine when in motion, but i have no experience, so.... not really sure how it "should" be. my mini revo's servo turns lock to lock without issues on any surface when stationary, but it also weighs much less than the truck. any input would be much appreciated.

Yep they wont turn like that on the savage when stationary. If you want I would be interested in taking that extra servo off your hands

thanks Pope, that's what i needed to hear. as for the spare servo, i'm going to hold onto the sf-5 as a backup *just in case*, but if i change my mind sooner than later, i'll drop you a PM and if you're interested at that time, we can work something out. cheers!

Ths SF-5 WILL turn the tires when the truck is stationary. The JR Z1900T will do it easily x 2. My crappy Hitec does it with 180oz of torque.

Sounds like you need to tighten up the tension nut on your servo-saver.

Sometimes with the servos that have rediculous-insane amounts of torque (like yours) peeps will upgrade the servo-saver spring to something like this http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102522/

My sf-5 will not turn the wheels very far with the terra-pins on when the truck is stationary. I think it is the amount of traction versus a lack of enough torque cause when the truck is rolling it turns very quickly.

both the sf-5 and z9100t turn the wheels, just have trouble doing so it seems. it will not turn lock to lock, more like half lock to half lock. there is no binding, since when the servo horn is disconnected, the steering linkage and tires flail without any resistance. with the horn connected, and the front lifted off the ground, the wheels are snappy and easily turn lock to lock (even with some force!). i have ordered the OFNA monster pirate servo saver kit w/ bearings and see how that goes. *shrug*

traction may be the variable here. my stock rubber was damp (extra sticky) and was on carpet and dry cement when i noticed the "problem". it turns, just not all the way.

Members online

Back