In need of a Collet for the x4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottbot302

Hey guys, so as some of you may have seen on my other post, I need a collet to complete my savage clutch rebuild. The last one was incredibly worn and had a crack at the base of it. So I decided to throw it out. When I got my flywheel, it came with a collet so I thought it would be great since I could replace it right then and there. I came to find out after reassembling the clutch that the collet might be the wrong size, even though it came with the flywheel I needed. I triple checked the part number and made sure I had ordered the correct part and everything. After putting the clutch assembly back together I measured the distance from the Block to the back of the flywheel. It came out to be 2.25mm. I started looking around and realized the collet I needed i said to be the 7x6.5mm one. Which is the one I think I received? People have said that you need to torque that nut on the flyhweel really hard, after trying multiple times (the engine would only turn over and not tighten because it was so tight) I was still getting the 2.25mm gap. The reason that gap is an issue is because if I get a decent gear mesh, the holes that you screw the bolts into wont line up. I reallly don't know what to do at this point. Help!

guess thats something we all take for granted.....lol
I have a couple dozen sitting in my parts drawer

I got some time so I'm just gonna try putting it all back together. This is really starting to make me mad... Why wouldn't it have fit the first time???

I don't know, but these things happen,,,all will be good, don't feel bad, I'm ready to run mine but bad weather is ruining it for me, been getting alot of rain

IMG_2065.JPG IMG_2066.JPG IMG_2067.JPG probably just me being dumb and messing something up :/ anyways, engine is back on and fits properly! Hoping to get some run time/tune in tomorrow!

Well didn't even get to start it before I ran into something problematic (I think) here's the video link:
I'm hoping its something simple like slipper clutch or user error but it was rolling backwards perfectly before I did the clutch rebuild. Another question... Is it supposed to not roll backwards? My 15 Year Old Tmaxx does without a problem, but that has reverse.

Last edited:
Most likely your mesh is too tight.... should be a slight tick of play when holding the bell and rocking the spur

Most likely your mesh is too tight.... should be a slight tick of play when holding the bell and rocking the spur

Might have been that too, but I actually lostened the screw that holds all the bearings and washers in place on the engine and the clutch bell spun freely! Looks like I made a easy mistake on the rebuild :)

Got some run time and tune in today! The clutch rebuild did the trick! No movement from the truck without throttle, also managed to get a ok tune in, not 100% as of right now
Here's a video I recorded *WARNING* It'd windy so there is lots of wind noises

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back