I'm out of ideas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i ran my savage the other night and it ran for about 30 monutes then died during a turn. i tried to start it last night and no luck. i bought a new glow plug today and then tried it after i pre heated it a bit and i couldnt get it to turn over. i have new batteries in everything and glow charger fully charged. i use i cordless drill to start, do you think it doesnt turn fast enough? you can hear the compresion though the pipe but it wont start I'm pulling hair it seems like i tried everything. maybe its something little

trim it up on the rx and make sure your priming it enough make sure u don't flood it set the drill on a lower setting (lower setting> meaning it slips if it gets to hard to turn keep us posted

the filter was put in b4 the run and to the other i primed it till i seen the fuel hit the carb and then glow pluged it and then nothing it has done this twice now and then i get mad guess tomorrow i will heat it with a hair dryer in the house then take it out and try and if it does the same thing don't know. how do you tell if you flood it? and what can i do to fix it. thanks sorry to sound stupid but sort of new to the hobby.

not to sound stupid but y the lower setting on the drill. is the motor suppose to get hard to turn what this mean

If u flood the engine its very hard to turn over (right) u don't want that drill to have so much torque it forces it to turn over .. you will blow your one way bearing LIKE THAT also not very good for the mill itself (by lowest setting i don't mean speed thats why its a good idead to use the roto start because it give In my opion the roto start sucks with the pull start you can feel what the engine is doing when it trys to turn over hope this help keep us posted later buddy

if you flood it take the golw plug out and tip the truck on its top and turn it over (watch your eyes ) also you might want to check for air leaks

hmm try this its how i get a stubborn engine to start. prime the engine and all, then as yo u are trying to start it, hold ur finger over the exhaust stinger untill you hear the engine start to kick over a bit and remove your finger

A buddy of mine had a problem like that but his was his new exhaust. after it got hot a piece that was stuck in there came loose then got stuck again in a different angle so he had no pressure on his tank to push the feul to the carb. Just a thought.

working

Just wanted you all to know that i got my savage running again i replaced the fuel line with new because it was old and then i replaced the o ring on the tank lid to get a better seal put a new glow plug in it and this time pre heated motor in the house with a hair dryer then it fired right up. now its time to get that carb adjusted right. thanks again for all the advice guys

U might have an air leak I don't know if your running the stock .25 or not but on my old .25 hpi had a problem with the carb (at least on mine and my buddies ) the carb wouldn't tighten down all the way there was a huge air leak.. U can easly check by takeing the mill out and putting a piece of fule line in the inlet and plugging all the holes (airfilter exhust) get a cup of soapy water and BRUSH the water around the carb and the back plate while blowing in the fuel line this should help finding an air leak ???keep us posted later man

yeah i put the new fuel line on it and did a few other things and then it started right up and ran fine I'm setting the carb back to stock settings and going to try to bash tomorrow or prolly after all the familys leaves thursday but i did get it running. oh and it helped when i pre heated it going to do that from now on. thanks guys

Latest posts

Members online

Back