1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting the itch!

Discussion in 'HPI Savage' started by SavageDarwin, Jul 10, 2018.

1. SavageDarwin

SavageDarwin Active Member

So I've got a few of the parts in for my Savage X rebuild, been down for over a year with bad diffs. And I'm already getting the itch to run it already!

[​IMG]

Still have a bit to go before it's running, que the waiting for ups truck memes lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    HPISF Staff

Nice choice on the bearings. ;) :D

3. SavageDarwin

More arrived today, wonder how long before wife is sick of the packages? Got about a dozen more arriving sometime lmao![​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. ELWOOD

ELWOOD Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the MADNESS, About that ITCH , maybe some Cortizone-10 , "The ITCH medicine doctors recommend" LOL

P.S. nice pile of stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  5. SavageDarwin

Just little update, the itch is getting worse! Lol still waiting on some things but got started on rebuild. Seeing the rc4me diff gears next to the stock ones make me feel pretty good about them. I'll upload a side be side when I work on it next. Ordered fuel and never received any info (been 11 days) so sent email and apparently my order never made it to shipping dept... should be here it before the savage is ready to run anyway

6. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Well-Known Member

I didn't buy any of their diff gears yet, but the 5SC transmission is nice and is holding up well. It comes with a center diff that is the same as the flux front/rear diff with the alloy cup. The gear is different of course. I ran 3 or 4 packs through it and tore it back down to switch out the diff oil and all the gears in the transmission still looked like new.