I'm Getting an LRP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandNewSavvy

Hi gentlemen,

I see a lot of you run LRPs so I thought I would join the Kewl Klub as well, and get one too! I opted for that zz.21c .
I prefer short stroke, however when I noticed they patterned their CG after the Speed B21, I jumped at it. The Spec II is my ATF engine and understand this zz.21 is pretty much a rebadged Spec II..so why not, eh?
Can anyone recommend a pipe please? On my Speeds i'll normally run 2090, 9886, or 2058...so if there is something proven for this zz.21c then I'd love to try it out (always looking for excuses to get a new pipe). Unsure which vehicle I'm gonna run this LRP in just yet, but whatever one I select, you can bet the farm, grandpa/grandma, and their chickens that carnage will be involved.
Thanks in advance to those who rock this and can provide some insight as I try my first LRP.

If it's anything like the 28S3 or 30S2, break in takes a while and it doesn't start putting down power until half a gallon is through it, so take your time. Even then, they have been fussy until about a gallon was through them. I've had/broken in 3 or 4 28S3's and a couple 30S2's. I have a 30S2 in my savage x at the moment and a 28S3 in my big block revo. The one in the savage has been a fickle sob and I haven't run it since I got it to run half way decent.

The 28's liked a more restrictive pipe than the 30 did. It fought me tooth and nail until I put an HPI polished pipe on it, which is painfully loud, but it ran a lot better.

Electric's have been consuming most of my time these days.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back