If you could only afford it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rct

If you could only afford it what would be your ultimate off road savage build?
Part lists and links would be very welcome and also a reason as to why that particular part?
Many thanks

A new savage xl nitro V 2.0 would be nice!

But really I'm happy with a stock savage platform either x or xl with a few simple mods, RR gears, billet and carbon parts only where needed. Where else you go drivetrain wise is endless for options, and tends to depend greatly if your talking to a nitro guy or brushless guy.

You can only mod a savage so far till your better off buying a 1/8 truggy for jumping/racing.

Reactions: rct
If the parts were still available, I'd build a full carbon fiber Savage with a modded Nova or equivalent mated to a single speed converted trans. Or may just use the 3 speed with high speed 3rd gear set. Or have both trans's and swap for whatever I feel like runnin. There used to be a member whi started his own little company (Platinum RC for thise old timers who might remember) making carbon fiber parts for the savage. Another member had built his savage with all the CF parts he made for the savage and raced it every weekend and won multiple races and quite a few championships where he lived in Australia. I can't remember the exact weight filled with fuel, but it was somewhere between 8-10 lbs.

If the parts were still available, I'd build a full carbon fiber Savage with a modded Nova or equivalent mated to a single speed converted trans. Or may just use the 3 speed with high speed 3rd gear set. Or have both trans's and swap for whatever I feel like runnin. There used to be a member whi started his own little company (Platinum RC for thise old timers who might remember) making carbon fiber parts for the savage. Another member had built his savage with all the CF parts he made for the savage and raced it every weekend and won multiple races and quite a few championships where he lived in Australia. I can't remember the exact weight filled with fuel, but it was somewhere between 8-10 lbs.

It really is too bad @Larsenracing isn't around anymore. I waited to long to get around to trying to buy his stuff.

Seems I have a knack for that though, waited to long on my conversion stuff from Kershaw as well.

:banghead: :argh:

It really is too bad @Larsenracing isn't around anymore. I waited to long to get around to trying to buy his stuff.

Seems I have a knack for that though, waited to long on my conversion stuff from Kershaw as well.

:banghead: :argh:

I was able to get the wing mount that he made along with the plates that the diffs mount to. I wish I could've had him make me the parts out of CF that are like the Innovative RC parts that I have. I like the IRC TVP set up better than the FLM.

A new savage xl nitro V 2.0 would be nice!

But really I'm happy with a stock savage platform either x or xl with a few simple mods, RR gears, billet and carbon parts only where needed. Where else you go drivetrain wise is endless for options, and tends to depend greatly if your talking to a nitro guy or brushless guy.

You can only mod a savage so far till your better off buying a 1/8 truggy for jumping/racing.
Did they come out the XL V2.0?

Did they come out the XL V2.0?
Guessing no... but following the thread to make sure. LOL!

To be honest, probably the only thing I'd really like different on my savage flux is a center diff so as to make the diffs hold up longer. Especially since parts still aren't that readily available. If I knew for sure the savage was still being supported, I'd probably spend the $ on the alza center diff setup. Maybe by winter I'll do that. Will just try for now to eek my way through summer with the parts I can find and taking it easy... just snapped teeth off a 9T pinion today... so apparently not overly easy. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back