If Nicki Minaj were a Savage she'd look like this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some mods to the rig and she is running noice, and her rear end is plumper than Nicki Minaj :wink:
-FLUX diffs
-HD Drive Cups
-HD Dog Bones
-HD Widened Axles/Spacers
-Hotracing 17mm Hubs
-HTL mod, using an 8-32 pressure fitting
-Battery Level indicator
-Trencher X's
-Engine teaser :twisted:
Here's a vid of my mods:
HD Drive Cups/Dogs/Axles/Spacers:
1_zps456c54ce.jpg

2_zps9a2892b2.jpg

3_zps97de39ae.jpg

4_zps2151e399.jpg

Hotracing Hubs +5mm wider 17mm hex:
18_zps18472e87.jpg

19_zps846a0329.jpg

I like how these hubs have a tray with grooves to capture the rear of the Warlock rim (only works for these rims) adding more support for higher power applications:
14_zpsf66bdf0a.jpg

13_zpsb5b6d06b.jpg

15_zps2404ce86.jpg

16_zpsaa4eaf7e.jpg

And if you don't have Warlock wheels just flip the tray over for the standard 17mm hex:
17_zpsea8ea9d3.jpg

Battery level indicator:
5_zps0ec2f20d.jpg

6_zps88df4a4b.jpg

7_zps623c35a6.jpg

HTL mod/ drilled a hole in my tank using a 1/8 drill bit to reroute the fuel pickup, capped off the original fuel pickup with an antenna cap, used a dubro 8-32 pressure fitting with some silicone sealant, and used a dubro in line filter since it bypasses the filter in the tank. So far I love this mod! Rig runs so much smoother now. No need for a mid tank IMO:
8_zpsd5f800e2.jpg

10_zps3a336875.jpg

11_zps0d67142a.jpg

12_zps437ea1c1.jpg

Trencher X's. Look how fat and wide she is. I love it!
22_zps5e9fa468.jpg

23_zps0892198b.jpg

24_zps06298d4c.jpg

A Savage version of Nicki Minaj:
25_zps61ebf4d5.jpg

"Oh but those trenchers are soo heavy you're sacrificing performance yada yada..." Don't worry I'm still waiting for stuff in the mail to address that issue here's a teaser:
26_zpscd2183a5.jpg

Last edited:
NICE !!!! I like the red parts on there... as far as nikki minaj I think I would rather have the savage than that skank thanks.....

NICE !!!! I like the red parts on there... as far as nikki minaj I think I would rather have the savage than that skank thanks.....

Agree 100%. Say no to that mess (nicki minaj)!

Aside from that the truck looks nice. Not a big fan of the axle extensions though, to much abuse to the hub bearings.

I agree with both of them. the trucks nice, but I don't like niki minaj. and x is correct, those axle extenders will destroy ur bearings. other than that, its a nice truck

whoops, now I see one other thing that I don't like. those rear wheel hub carriers I don't prefer. but hey, its ur truck

I am thinking on if you want that front bumper to stay shiney ya best remove it and put the plastic one back on the rig.... other than that I have to say also stock up on hub bearings and axles caz them extended ones will take their toll on parts for sure..... Nice rig otherwise, i also like the shiney pretty parts but judicious use will save ya money in the long run......

I got the extenders so i could run the warlock wheels. The integy knuckles are so fat they rub the inner rim of the warlocks. With the spacers they fit just fine. So are people with Savage XL's experiencing premature bearing failure as opposed to non XL savvys being that they are standard on XL rigs? If so, how often am I replacing bearings?

I would just keep my :eyes: on the hub bearings, it is tough to say how long they may last, but being as wide as they are the stresses are multiplied easily by 3 times vs non extended axles..... think of all that weight pounding down on the truck with each hard landing and the forces applied to the ends and bearings.....

@Jam Racing 1 I don't see any threads with premature axle/bearing failure on XL models, but ill keep an eye on them for sure thanks for the advice. As far as slapping the stock bumper on...No thanks. I like the look of it. It ain't no shelf queen either and I get on it hard. The bumper is fine, granted it's scuffed up, but it's holding well.

@rcnut14 Nicki Minaj is not my cup of tea either, she does have a phat arse so i found it fitting with what I've done with my truck. As for as the hub carriers they are holding up fantastic and I love them. You are right, it is my truck thanks for reminding me, and I would recommend these hub carriers to anyone else, so to each his own. Also, nice double post.

Thats about all ya can do is keep checking them bearings, as for the bumper I got nothing against alloy, but have also bent up a few alloy ones in my time, Good Luck with it Bud and thing to remember is to always have fun, thats what is all about.....

@nizzle, I ment that I don't like them, not because of the alum.{ although I don't like alum.}, but because I don't like fixed carriers. I ajust mine to toe in slightly. it gives the truck better stability

That's it for me when it comes to alloy i'm keeping my a arms stock, not going for alloy everything that's just crazy. I admit the bumper was for looks. I am willing to sacrifice a marginal if any durability decrease for the looks of it. As far as everything else, I assume Flux diffs, and HD axles/cups, help on the durability department, along with the hotracing 17mm hubs with the warlock tray. The Integy hubs and caster blocks are also solid. I'm having a blast with this rig!

The integy hub carriers work great. I have a different model than you though, possibly a previous generation. Mine do not rub on my black warlock wheels though.

Mine look like this (note this is not my truck):
100_0524.jpg

Those do look different. Yeah for some reason the Integy knuckles and caster blocks rub really bad in the inner warlock wheel because they are so chunky. They don't rub on the rear hub carriers though. The knucks/blocks fit fine on my desperado/badlands and desperado/trenchers. Now that I have the spacers the warlocks fit nicely. I just hope the widened stance doesn't tear up my bearings/axles. I don't know why HPI would make them standard on the XL if they were so problematic. Only time will tell...

Latest posts

Members online

Back