I need help aligning my wheels.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

I smoked a curb tonight, not super hard but enough now the front and rear wheels on my right side are a bit off and the truck pulls.

There is nothing in the manual about alignment, The steering linkages don't appear to be adjustable...Or am I just not twisting hard enough.

Any tips?
Thanks.

Edit- I wasn't twisting hard enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your A-arm pins upper and lower for staightness on the side you hit the curb with.
Inspect the A-arm pin holes for breaks or stretching.

Replace if deformed.
Also check the TVP's for flatness. The slightest bends will play havock with alignment.(especially front end alignment).

You can adjust the steering linkage by disconnecting the turnbuckles and twisting the ends to get the propper toe-in.

Adjusting the camber is a Upper A-arm feature thats offered on the 4.6 kit and you can buy them from HPI.

Thanks for the reply dude. I kind of forgot about this thread momentarily haha.

Anyway, I don't think my tvps are bent. I kind of measured front to back with my vernier to check for significant changes and it seems fine. Haven't put a straight edge on though.

I'll have to remove my a arms to check them one day here. Do you think its worth upgrading to aluminum parts like this? Being a noob and hitting curbs and wheel barels? lol
I adjusted the tie rods and its driving sweet. Of course I had the steering dial on my controller tweaked a bit, I adjusted for that. Once I noticed that, I centered it and the truck pulled like mad......my dignity suffered a bit there. But I got her fixed once again haha.

That camber mod, Has that got big performance gains? Or not really worth it for somebody just messing around?

Not really worth it for just bashing around. and try to stay away from alum parts like a arms and such they just bend and transfer the energy from the hit deeper into the truck. causeing more damage and work. Thats just my opinion

Kind of like the spur gear I guess. You know who's going to suffer durring a blow rather than something more expensive and hard to fix.

Right. I would put alloy diffs, housings and bulkheads but not a arms need to leave a weak link somewhere or the inevitable crash gets real spendy

Good point, Sami.

Especially Integy upper alloy A-arms. Do not even consider them.

There... I just saved you 50 bucks.lol. No BS

If you do want adjustable upper A-arms, Get the HPI ones that are plastic w/steel turnbuckles.

They are a worthy buy and are the best next to some RPM branded ones that have a 1 degree
offset and are non adjustable.

and believe me the alum a-arms and stuff don't look "pretty" very long! they get all scratched and dinged up to the point that the stock ones actually look better! just my two cents! lol and theres the weight issue as well, the more weight thats on your truck the harder its gonna be on everything from your egine right through your drivetrain!

i am a firm beiliver in stock a- arms i have never used the alum ones but i know that my stockers take alot of abuse and i mean alot lol just my 2 cents

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back