I have a rolling XL....

Would you make it a gasser or brushless?

• Gas

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Brushless

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kook0725

Don't know what to do with it.

I'm torn between making it a gas (longer run times/cheaper fuel) or making it a brushless.

Money doesn't matter and wrenching isn't a problem.

I'm a basher by nature and run on grass and open dirt areas near my house.

What would you do?

Another vote for nitro!

Staying in the confines of your parameters though, definitely electric. Easy to run, less issues and way more power.

I assume you are thinking about the Dynamite .31. It doesnt have a stellar reputation. I have one but haven't started it yet.

Yes, that is the one I am considering. After reading the forums, I may be rethinking my decision. I am very torn as to what I want to do lol.

I have electrics and nitros both, I like electric for ease of using, but the nitro rigs I have are way more visually fun to me, nothing like a howling nitro rig to put me in the mood for some crazy stunts and jumps

I might just have to make 2 of them. Either that or get a conversion kit and just go back and forth depending on my mood.

2 sounds like a better option, switching back and forth would be pretty labor intensive for me.....

image.jpeg image.jpeg

This is my current setup. Its simple but I'm very pleased with the performance.

LRP. 32 / Dynamite 086 Tuned Pipe / Gearing 47/17 and most importantly a tight slipper clutch.

I tune the engine at half tank so I don't really notice the HTL issue.

Last edited:
To be honest I'm not sure. I just run til something breaks and fix it.

The only bad thing I noticed with the LRP. 32 is that when the engine stalls or dies out after its been running at a good temperature, the engine is difficult to start..needs to cool off first. This sucks especially if you still have a half tank left and was in the middle of bashing.

My OS engine can start up right away even if it's been running at 200 to 220 degrees.

Anyone else have this issue?

The only bad thing I noticed with the LRP. 32 is that when the engine stalls or dies out after its been running at a good temperature, the engine is difficult to start..needs to cool off first. This sucks especially if you still have a half tank left and was in the middle of bashing.

My OS engine can start up right away even if it's been running at 200 to 220 degrees.

Anyone else have this issue?

sounds as if the low end needle is a bit off, mine all fire up when warm easily, check the tune and see what happens...

Latest posts

Members online

Back