I HATE doing this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TH3180

So here is the deal I like working on my Savage and cleaning it and what not but there is one thing I hate doing so I thought I would start a thread for you guys to post the one thing you hate doing on your truck and what you have thought of to make it more bearable
So here you go I hate rebuilding shocks it is messy time consuming and I just hate it like you wouldn't believe what I have done to make it better is I showed the wife how to do it and told her if you are going to drive it you have to work on it so she is rebuilding the shocks I am sitting next to her drinking beer

lol good thread!!
i hate lineing the bellhousing and the spur gear up! it takes ages. i haven't found a way to make it easyer but ive just got to get on with it!!
+ i hate gettin dog muck out of the treds on the tyers so i make my sister do that!!lol
4x4

hah wish my sister would clean my truck. I would have to say i hate setting up the spur mesh the most because i am allway's worried about wrecking the spur gear.

dog muck as you put it must suck when it hits any part of the truck
the only thing I have found that helps me with spur gears is the trick where you put a piece of paper in-between the gears and that is your mesh

my hates are..

I detest having too run in an engine. I'm sure everyone hates that the most! all ya wanna do when ya get a new car or a replacement engine is get out there and go full throttle.! But once that is sorted i reckon the next nuisance thing to do would be fault finding radio problems. that sux so bad when the car gets all jittery and you have to work out if its the receiver, the transmitter, the crystals, the wiring or something else... I know coz i been working on that for at least 3 weeks now. grrrrrrrrrrr

other than that i think if u had to take the whole side of a tvp to access a diff or tranny that would suck massive,, once u try an X, u never look back !

adam

diffs, i used ot have to replace my rear diff before every main with my truck ha, man i got pop otut he rear end rebuild the diff and put it back together and running in under 15 minuts :D thisis with the old setup not the new easy acces setup ont he x's

I just hate seeing all my RC's on the shelf! Poor fellas don't get enough time run through them....Maybe only once a week now.

lol....The site rocking can really go to XJeepGuy(Rebel R/C). He does all the behind the scenes work, lol. I try and work the P.R. angles.

I hate getting to the track, and breaking the one part you don't have a spare for...

happened just yesterday...spent the previous day swappin parts out, and charging everything...was more prepared for runnin than ever, and when I get there, the truck starts, no problem...I run for maybe 5 minutes tops, and the one-way bearing craps out on me...end of my day...

i DO, however, like it when my buddy's truck loses a front dogbone leaving him with only 2 wheel drive...all that power to the rear wheels only makes for some AWESOME donuts!!! i knew i shoulda taken the video camera...

I hate cleaning the sav, where we run them occasionally there are also 3 horses.
do I need to say more??
sometimes they smell so bad like brown/green horsestuff that my sis won`t allow them in the house no more.
luckily the little guy likes cleaning so when he`s done cleaning his sav I got another one to clean for him!

well i don't have a savage YET, but i do detest having to rebuild shocks, theres just no way of doing it without making a complete mess. The oil gets EVERYWHERE and when your trying to slip the o rings into the shock body with greasy fingers it aint easy and winds me up somthing shocking!

Would have to agree on the dog **** front, pisses me off no end, its bad enough when you step on it but when your rc goes through it it gets thrown up the shell, chassis, shock gear everything, for lik the next month after it you car smells like **** unless you rebuild the whole bloody thing!

Definitely diffs. (at least on the first version Savs) have to disassemble the entire truck practically. That's why I figured that was the first place to upgrade to better parts.. Aluminum diff cups and 4 spider gears are a necessity, along with some good diff oil.. don't forget the lock tite on the screws with metal diffs! I learned the hard way...

not being able to drive me savvy at all!! just because you don't have the money to replace your diff's and bearings!!! thats what really irritate's my.. and about refilling the chocks.. it doesn't have to be messy just make sure you have all the time of the world and make sure you can put the chocks somewhere upright ...like taking a box of carboard and make 8 hole's in there to put the chocks in.. then get som pliars to hold the chock body .. then fill the chock till its completly full and you screw to cap on.. no mess.. because the spilled oil is getting soaked up by the cartboard box and your hands are staying clean because you use a pliar to hold the chockbody... clean without a mess!! works juuuust fine ..

This isnt what I hate doing but I thought I would tell u guys anyway I hate when people need help and u tyr to help them and they never respond back I HATE THAT

Latest posts

Members online

Back