I had to share this...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeahYeah

Guys,

I stumbled across this product (or rather, was made aware that it exists) on cockeyed.com and I thought that I should share it with everyone...

I haven't purchased one yet, but I would really like to. I am sure it does not work as well as the models that cost your local law enforcement agents thousands of dollars, but it sounds like it might actually be viable for RC cars.

If anyone has more information on this thing, please let me know - it's only $30, but I'd rather not buy it if it's not even worth that.

Hot Wheels Radar Gun

I've read somewhere that these guns are worth the plastic they are made of. Something along the lines of losing accuracy above 25 mph or 25 kmph.

From what I recall of the conversation, The bushnell radar gun was getting good reviews, You can find them for under $80 on ebay or might be able to get it cheaper elsewhere.

We may be able to talk our mods into buying direct with a group discount? I'm going to have to guess that will depend on interest.

IMO Spend the extra cash for the Bushnell.

neohio

My son has one of these and we have played with it. I can't verify how accurate it is though. Seems to be close. (but does it really need to be 100% for this application? We are not writing tickets to stand up in court)

I like to freak cars out driving down my street. They see me and hit the brakes... hahahahaha.

lol the ones cops use aren't really accurate anyway....the older models can be up to plus or minus 10mph.....the ones the Air Force security Police use are calibrated with a Fan LOL...........

Someone on here has used the Hotwheels one before, and said it seemed to work ok-ish, but you had to get pretty close to the truck as it whizzed past (and pray the steering servo doesn't glitch and run yer *** over...LOL)

HA! Some besides me has posted that "C" word!!! :pirate:

Radar gun looks like a toy to me I would rather use time/distance for a speed measurement.

lol you scared me, C word, i was poop did i post that word went back and looked and i was like oh ok you mean CUTE..........:duh:

it would of been caught. either way. you prolly would of gotten a pm from an admin/mod within 32.48538 seconds of posting it.

Does anyone know a good site that will teach us how to caluate the speed?

always wanted to know how, to lazy to search for one.

HA! Some besides me has posted that "C" word!!! :pirate:

Radar gun looks like a toy to me I would rather use time/distance for a speed measurement.

LOL, Dave not the same sorry bud. He was not talking about his cat!!!

Sorry off topic:resp: But I have nothing to add to the thread and I could not let pine off the hook for is cat in the bag post.....:slapped:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back