I got a new cat killer!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AoD

I saw a deal at the LHS, I went looking for a RC18b, and looked around at others for a bit. The owner said, here try this car on the track, see what you think. It's fully charged, so see what happens. I took this trinity 18th scale truck out and I was totally impressed. I've ran a 18b RTR, but wanted a factory team. But this thing really ran well, and handled good too! I was impressed with how it handled everything and finally stopped toying with it after 10 minutes of rolling around the track. I took it back and said, ,"Man, that's a nice truck! I'll probably get the RC18b since I can upgrade the parts without taking out stock ones and have it just the way I want it. And I know how you are, that things got the best of the best in it, and I'm not quite ready for all that spending." He took out a brand new RTR one and showed me, they were THE SAME. His was all stock. I couldn't resist, and a price of 170 BUCKS!!!

I picked it up, took it home an immediately started finishing it up and charged the LiPo battery. What I originally wanted to get was the following.

Mamba set, 25 ESC and a 4400 or 5200 motor to "learn" with.
LiPo battery, 3 cell 11.1v
Decent charger as well

Well, come to find out, the trinity HAS the Mamba 25 ESC, a 4400Kv trinity motor (I believe it's 4400), a LiPo 3 cell, FM transmitter/reciever, and even a charger for the LiPo! It came with EVERYTHING I needed to get my new truggy running.

I tested it out and set up the ESC with my 7.2v 6-cell NiCD battery for my rotostart, and was already very impressed. Even got my foot once! The Mamba at first was a bit difficult to understand, but once I got the menus down, I had her setup for the three cell LiPo battery and to normal power settings (not race, and not extreme). I finally got it all ready and my LiPo was CHARGED! I immediately couldn't resist this urge to chase down the cat with a car smaller than him. And I got him! I couldn't believe it, don't worry though, Garfield is fine. He actually came up to it and tried to play with it. He's adventurous.

But, for the most part, I think I made out on the deal. Average going price for the Trinity NOW is around $210. I got mine for $170, and it was actually RTR. All except for the 8AA batteries for the FM transmitter. All in all, It has a great motor for me, since this is the first electric I've actually owned. I've worked on a couple for friends, but really didn't know anything about them until recently. I will soon be racing this new awesome rig at the LHS. I can't believe how fast it is now, and in the future, I plan on upgrading to a bit stronger of a motor. :)

Once I have a camera available (maybe at tomorrows cookout) I'll snap some pictures of it. I got the grey body version, which is the same as the red, only a cooler color. :)

Sure is man, I set it to the third highest power rating, and man, it's uncontrollable at full throttle, gonna have to do some suspension tuning :D It will roll itself on a high starting power setting lol It's amazing what the little bugger will do.

Latest posts

Members online

Back