I am loosing all my screws!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrobasher

My savage is about 2 weeks old and everytime time I look over the truck there is a different screw missing. My truck is down now because the screw pin for the rear driveshaft came out. What gives do I need to take it apart and add threadlock to every darn screw?

Just venting,
Chris

Yup. pretty much should loctite everything that goes into metal. or they will loosen and get lost.......

Blue Loctite is ur best friend here.......

Well hopefully my LHS will carry it because I don't want to wait on shipping this time of year.

Happened to a buddy of mine on a X RTR. Started with the rear grub screw on the cup, then some on the TVP's.

Well hopefully my LHS will carry it because I don't want to wait on shipping this time of year.

any automotive store will have blue loctite even walmart has it
if u have a local napa auto parts store ask them for part number BK24005 thats for the blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys, maintenance is part of owning anything. Check your screws, clean your air filter, diffs, etc. before you run. We bash hard so how can you expect to not break or lose anything.

I'm not trying to sound like a butthead but you have to take care of your stuff, just like a full size vehicle.

Hope they have the parts for you to keep you bashing rockout

Well I got the savvy fixed today unfortunately it has a traxxas set screw in the driveshaft...LOL... I also let the guy at the hobby shop tune my truck...I have a lot to learn about tuning because I thought it was running fine.

I'm in Japan and finding particular things like BLUE loktite will be hardto find. If I use a very little bit of red, will that be too strong?

red is okay if your going into plastic. metal to metal it holds very well tho.

No threadlock is not ment for plastic. It will screw up your plastic, I'm pretty sure it even says that in the bottle.

For plastic your better off using super glue, CA glue, or Loctite makes a plastic threadlock I believe its Loctite 425.

JKL -- I'm not sure if you want to try that, I've heard guys having alot of trouble getting those screws back out when they need to, you will defently need to apply heat to remove. Your not supposed to use much even when using the blue, just needs a tab for a good hold.

Members online

No members online now.
Back