Hyperion 615i duo - my next charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

SUPER POWER, DUAL CONVENIENCE

EOS 0615i DUO3
DC INPUT 11V~28V
6S Max, 180W 15A Max Charge Per Port , 50W+50W 10A Discharge
SYNC Charge up to 2x6S for max 12S Flightpacks at 360W max. See explanation of SYNC MODE charging below.

DUO3 Changes vs. Previous DUO2:
* 12-Bit Balance Circuit Resolution for superb accuracy
* Built-In USB DataPort and supplied USB cable
* Hardware support for PC Control & Logging Software
(Bi-Direction release before Dec 2009. Logging available now.)
* 20 Memory slots for batteries per port (40 total)
* CYCLE mode for LiFePO4 and LiPo
* Max Current per port raised from 10A to 15A

Let me start by answering the question "is this charger necessary for a savage flux?" Answer: Heck no.

late last fall i bought the hyperion 606i caz it was a great charger, capable of chargin NiMH, Nicd & LiPo and i "knew that i would never own a flux or lipos" so it was the perfect charger for me. http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/eos/

many use the 606i with the savage flux to charge & balance lipos and it is a great charger all around.

however, after seeing baddasz duo in action and the variety of packs i seem to be accumulating (you know, kids) the 615i is a step up that i will not likely outgrow in the near future.

in addition to 15A charge rate & the fact that you charge & balance 2 LiPo packs at the same time, you can also charge 2 different batteries at the same time. pretty sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
not too sure, Jud explained it to me once, i think caz the chargers were originally intended for Planes and most users have a battery supply of some sort so they can charge on the airfield.

the 606i that I'm upgrading from is ac/dc so it was good for both.

very nice charger.
charging my 8000mAh batteries at 5A with my accucel-6 is getting VERY old.

This is a very nice charger. All thought if you keep your eyes open there will be some very nice competition for a fraction of the price.

For a AC charger built into them they would be huge...

Not if it's a switching power supply, but their deal is a small yet incredibly powerful charger. They sure have accomplished that!

Most people buying these chargers will be picky about the power supply they use anyway.

I bought that same power supply last summer and had to send it back because it stopped working. It was out of warranty so I paid the ebay price plus shipping it back to seller plus $35 to repair.

That power supply is just a computer power supply with 12v banana plugs and a switch. I made one for savageman23601 on this forum for about $20.

It is best to keep inside the house because computer power supplies are fragile and break easily. The Hyperion Duo comes with jacks to allow hooking up to a car battery (although if it is too hot or the car engine is running, the screen will go blank)

I bought that same power supply last summer and had to send it back because it stopped working. It was out of warranty so I paid the ebay price plus shipping it back to seller plus $35 to repair.

That power supply is just a computer power supply with 12v banana plugs and a switch. I made one for savageman23601 on this forum for about $20.

It is best to keep inside the house because computer power supplies are fragile and break easily. The Hyperion Duo comes with jacks to allow hooking up to a car battery (although if it is too hot or the car engine is running, the screen will go blank)

thx for the tip SteGra, yeah I'm on the fence & i don't usually "cheap out" on important stuff, but after your story it prob makes more sense to save a lil longer & get a higher-end p.s. to put on my $300 charger, rite?

travis told me you hooked him up rockout

haven't ordered a p.s. just yet, prob tomm when i get paid. I'm expecting it to kick but caz my 606i did & this is its big brother.

feel free Chris, any info is appreciated.:coolkid01:

maybe this
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Volt-DC-30-A...Cars?hash=item2ea44d9c90&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Sure thing man! Sorry for the delay though...work has been killer busy.

The DUO is essentially (2) of the model below packed into (1) case. In this case the 615i DUO3 is (2) 720i chargers in a single package. All the new chargers have USB built in and trust me their software for logging is fun. hehe Look for what they call a bi-directional software soon which means you can control and set your charger from your PC or laptop.

I've owned all the top brands and honestly nothing has yet to come close to the features, price, and support of the Hyperions. I don't know of many companies that offer firmware upgrades for their chargers. The customer support is great.

I wouldn't trust that power supply since I can't tell what PSU they started out with. I've made *many* of those over the years and never had a single one come back because I start with top-shelf supplies like CoolerMaster, Corsair, Antec, RaidMax, ThermalTake...etc. I use 650watt as a minimum for LiPo chargers and go from there. Since I can repair the internal electronics myself should something fail, then I normally retain the manufacturers warranty period.

I made one similar for my sisters' husband out of a high-watt RaidMax power supply and knowing how he treats his equipment I can't agree here about them being fragile. He uses his power supply as a field unit and the guys at the races line up to plug into because they like it so much. He gets 4-5 guys plugging into his going all at the same time without even so much as some heat coming off the thing.

I also made one for Nick (wrenchman) and he loves his too.

thx for the tip SteGra, yeah I'm on the fence & i don't usually "cheap out" on important stuff, but after your story it prob makes more sense to save a lil longer & get a higher-end p.s. to put on my $300 charger, rite?

travis told me you hooked him up rockout

There is no need to cheap out even if you decide to use a switching power supply versus a linear power supply which is most common. I can make one based on a 1000watt Corsair supply that will power every charger that shows up to your bash day. That's 80amps of power from 12volts in a very small package. You actually get (3) options here. A single 12volt 80amp supply, a double 12volt 40amp supply, or a single 24volt 40amp supply. Quite amazing.

615i.jpg

Wow freddy you are going to have to get the vorza now that you have all this batt stuff

haven't charged a LiPo with it yet, but did the NiMH 7.4's for my son's stampede.

charger kicks butt & has the ability to charge two separate & different packs at the same time (for example a 1.2v glow ig at the same time as your 6v hump pack).

You can also connect the charger to your computer via USB & the EOS Insight software will track your charge info on a graph.

Here is my Hellfire flat pack 6.0v 5cell 1600Mah

">

you can see the guages down the bottom which display the voltage per cell as a LiPo pack is being charged & balanced.

Members online

No members online now.
Back