HPISF Reveiw: HPI 7075S HD Heatsink Engine Plate by Soulja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulja

Virginia Beach Beast
everyone has seen it but no one has it. i bought this HD engine plate because i know in the past Savages are known to break or warp them. man this is a BEEFY PLATE! musch thicker than the old and heavier also. it is made with the tradition HPI quality...it went on without a prolem. the HPI LCG graphite TVPS fit it with no problem. the drive shaft tucks in neatly between the heasink plat with a couple of milimeters to spare. I SEE NO WAY OF BREAKING THIS PLATE AT ALL. SO FAR SO GOOD.....BASH TEST COMING AS SOON AS I GET MY ERCM PICCO AND PIPE. look for the build of this new Beast soon!
My rating so far:

Finish
Ease of Installation 10
Quality 15!!

102699_002m.jpg

Picture974.jpg

Picture977.jpg

Picture976.jpg

Picture983.jpg

Picture982.jpg

The tensile strength of 7075 vastly is far superior than 6061. It also help dissipate heat better than 6061 alloy. Nice pics as well as looking forward to your review.

So what are you going to to to test it and the HPI cf tvp's I vote you get in the car next weekend and come bash with us. I promise you you will break stuff and find all the week spots on that truck.

ya soulja i've been looking at the hpi cf T.V.P.'S, are they nice?I'm always trying to cut more weight so i think they would be great!!

this is gonna be a race truck.... i have another savage to bash with. most people wouldn't CUT the weight on a basher (i wouldn't anyway...that's crazy). this truck is gonna be tested in a real world race settings...on a track and on the asphalt.

plus....i'm testing the engine plate...not the tvps. the main cause of wearing them out and breaking is torque and flex.......

Oh excusses excusses. Come on and bash it it's not a tmaxx you don't have to treat it like a baby chicken. My truck is about as much race savage as you can get and I plan on beating the snot out of it.

If you don't have the heart to I can think of a few people that will

i got mine from Tower Hobbies....$45...but i am a club member....and i place an order over $100 and got $15 off. i bought a bunch of little stuff i needed that they had cheaper than anywhere else....so i got a steal at $30!!!

still waiting on my engine to see how everything goes together....haven't forgotten about this though.....

Hey Matt, with that unit being solid instead of having the X cut in it it could be milled and drilled for a small block. Just thinking out loud.

little problem today. i received my Picco & pipe (the Thunder & Lightning ECRM package!LOL) and i began to install the engine & HPI purple one piece engine mount on the plate. on LCG standard savages...the plate is so big and thick that the holes to put the engine mount to are not centered in the hole well at all. luckily...i have some ball end allen wrenched that i used and it was not too much of a problem. you may want to dremel the holes in the skid and plate out a little more though. experienced savage owners won't have too much of a problem but the newbie may.

Ease of Installation of the motor to the plate: i give it a 7

Good heads up if your doing this to alum, however, if it is CF it's another problem. Question is is it really worth fudging up your CF tvps for this? Thx Mr. T you have the muscles to make it fit, j/k I do like the 7075 plate. Would have to talk with Larsen on the how to tap the tvp holes.

thx for being straight forward

]-[0pa]0ng;162402 said:
Good heads up if your doing this to alum, however, if it is CF it's another problem. Question is is it really worth fudging up your CF tvps for this? Thx Mr. T you have the muscles to make it fit, j/k I do like the 7075 plate. Would have to talk with Larsen on the how to tap the tvp holes.

thx for being straight forward

it's not the tvp holes on the side Hop......its the ones on the bottom where you put the hex bolts into the motor mount. the two that are right below the skid plate nearest to the diff. the top two by the trans are fine. like i said earlier.......us experienced guys probably have the tools to do it (I.E. a wobble metric allen wrench).....but the noobs might mess one up.....not because it's the hard to get to but just because of not knowing what to do.

here is my issue with the LCG Carbon plates and this engine plate. not a major problem....like i said if you don't use LCG TVPs you probably won't have a problem at all. nontheless....i still like it but just want to point it out to you the may be interested in one.

Picture1023.jpg

Picture1024.jpg

Picture1025.jpg

sorry about the clarity of them....but they are clear enough to tell that you can't see the mount mount hex nuts.

well been meaning to post this.....but last weekend while running....racingrusty and i got in a t bone.....may savage ran into him a a decent amount of speed......i checked the tuck....no damage.....the screws from the side were still intact.....no scraps scratches or anything!! usually when i hit something at that rate of speed that i was going......i an known for breakin the old skool center support under the engine. this sumgun is a touh one!!!!!

Members online

Back