HPI Wheelie Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-SaVaGe X-

i just bought the HPi wheelie bar and i love it!!! except that now i have to put the smaller wheel on it because the roto start doest fit past it:( what is the difference between the 2 wheels other than size??? does one let your truck be alittle more stable when its in a wheelie or does it not matter?? and will i regret switching back to the smaller one?? (i no that the smaller one lets you ride bigger angle wheelies) which size wheel do you guys run and how do you like it?

Last edited by a moderator:
The bigger wheel is used for rougher terrain....smaller wheel for flat smooth surfaces

If you think about it the bigger wheel doesn't let you truck go back as far as the small one. I use the big one and love it.

the wheel size is a means of adjusting how far back the truck wheelies, I don't believe it has anything to do with what terrain you are wheelying on. I suppose the bigger wheel means it doesn't weeble around as bad on rough terrain.. but either way it will bump around on rough terrain in wheelie mode.

the hpi wheeley wheel is a good piece of kit, i'm running the bigger wheel, and i too have to put my roto start in at a funny angle, as the irc lcg plates drop hte engine a bit at stock length....

yea i have now tried both the wheels and i like the bigger one more because the terain i run the truck flips easier with the smaller wheel and the hole reason why i bought it was to stop it from flipin over.

I don't have any issues getting my roto start past the big wheel. But I have found that when doing a strong wheelie the wheelie bar doesn't always stop it from flipping.

I don't have any issues getting my roto start past the big wheel. But I have found that when doing a strong wheelie the wheelie bar doesn't always stop it from flipping.

are you running the stock tvps? HS is running IRC tvp's wich drop the engine lower the stock plates

are you running the stock tvps? HS is running IRC tvp's wich drop the engine lower the stock plates

I am running stock tvps. I was responding more to the original poster's comments.

I made my own wheely bar out or 1/4" p.v.c. pipe. I made it as wide as the bumper for more stability. I have the o.s. 30 vg in it with the three speed trans. so I had to do something

no, it's not designed to, instead- it's designed so you can control the wheeley better. also, if it does flip over it doesn't compleyely fubar the rear of the shell up (well, not as much...)

Latest posts

Members online

Back