HPI Venture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JargonBomb

Been awhile since I been on here. Since it's cold now in Alberta, i've switched to my other hobby and been playing Indoor Paintball.

Just seen this video from HPI. I don't think it's going to get as much attention as the Traxxas X-Maxx. Being an ex-Toyota Tech, i'm interested. ;)

Comparing that to the x-maxx is very much like apples to oranges.

That being said, the video made me yawn alot. I know crawlers have gotten quite popular lately, it's just not for me.

keep in mind also that hpi releasing a crawler and a company like axial releasing a crawler will get very different responses. since hpi is more of a basher/racer company, I don't expect it to compare to a scx10.( though I could be wrong). also, not near as many scalers are paying any attention to hpi as axial.

traxxas, on the other hand, is making a bashing MT, something they're good at. there's a much higher "bar", so to speak, for the xmaxx.

also, when any new traxxas is released, it bring out a lot of the traxxas haters, or trolls. that alone is about half of the talk about the xmaxx.

I would like to see more on the HPI Venture but I'm with X, crawlers just don't do much for me. Add to it the constant barrage of same chassis, different body "new" scalers/crawlers Axial seems to be putting out I just don't get all that excited this part of the hobby.

Latest posts

Members online

Back