HPI Torq 2200kv motor with Castle Mamba Monster X esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

HPISF Supporter
Anyone know if the original flux hp motor will work with the castle creations mamba monster X esc? I didn't think about it when I asked my wife to order me a MMX/2200kv combo for my b-day. I haven't gotten it yet, but pretty sure she bought it and after thinking about it, the motor mount for the flux appears it's kind of required to have a motor with the cooling fins in a specific spot or non-existent to fit. So not sure if the Castle Sensored 1515 2200kv motor will fit.

I didn't even need the esc/motor, but I don't know how many hours are on mine in my truck since I bought it used and it's the original Blur esc I think, which isn't waterproof. The previous owner says he coated it with some sort of spray to try to prevent water damage, but I kind of wanted to install one that was waterproof from the factory and would just keep the old one for backup.

With that in mind, I thought I'd look for a flux mount, but I'm also finding that hard to locate at a reasonable cost so I could potentially dremel it out a bit if need be.

Castle's main site appears to be down or I'd send them an email to see what they think.

I'm assuming the motor will work since the Monster X works with sensored and sensorless motors, but wasn't 100% sure if it was compatible or not as I"m not well versed on brushless stuff. So, I'm not sure if any 3 wire motor can work fine with any 3 wire esc. Or if they are brand specific.

I don't see why it wouldn't but I would send castle a email as well and double check with them before doing so.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back