Hpi savage xs flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlou1981

I been breaking dog bones an axle since I had my xs on 3s

Anyone no a upgrade an if do could u tell me

I haven't had mine long enough or moved to 3s, but I read on another post to replace them with HPI 106709.

+1 on those CVD shafts. I don't run 3S, but I had to replace the front dogbones because crashes can bend and break them. Now that I have the CVDs I don't have any problems.

Feel like I break something every time I run. Only have 3s. Just did the gear swap & 2.8 badlands. If it has anything to do w steering or suspension I've upgraded. Now I'm on to the drivetrain, just ordered hd cups for the entire truck. When I save more money I'm definitely getting cvd's no questions asked

I'm not sure the center ones would be worth it, especially if you've already got all 4 center cups upgraded to HD. The CVD will replace the diff's pinion gear shafts and the cups that go with them.

As far as the axles go, it's worth it to replace the standard dogbones with the CVDs, especially in front.

@hpicelery What tires and shocks are you running? I've been told repeatedly to get some Proline Big Joes's 2.2 and Proline Power Stroke shocks. Any thoughts/

The Big Joe 2.2's look like a good idea, but I've never used them. I'm using Pro-Line Masher 2000 tires on Desperado wheels, and I like them.

I do have the Powerstroke shocks, and I like them. I also got the set of tuning springs because I think the ones they come with are a bit stiff for my purposes.

Yeah saw some Joe's mounted on Desperado the other day and almost bought them. Just going to wait until things to break as I'm about to dump a chunk in my 25.

I have pro line badlands 2.8 on f41? F11?wheels. Can't remember. (Gear swap needed) Also have 2.2 dirt bones on chrome spikes that I've never used yet. I cheaper out on shocks w some tawainese purple aluminum ones. I can't call it on those because I've never had the power strokes to compare. But I'm sure the PL are better. Mine haven't broke so I haven't replaced them yet. ( definitely get the power strokes right out of the gate next truck)

I'm running the 2.2 Big Joe 2s, HPI Orange Aluminum Shocks, CVDs front and rear, and the HD ball cups for the transmission output shafts and the diff input shafts. I'm also using a Sidewinder 3 and a NeuCastle 3800kv motor. The truck is really fast and nearly indestructible on 2s, but the weak link I'm seeing now is the slipper clutch, so I'm reluctant to go to 3s without gearing down some.

After all those tires I mentioned before I have stuck with 2.8 dirt hawgs on chrome jato wheels. It handles great (with new hpi aluminum shocks) & looks awesome. I installed integy cvd's in front and broke one 3-4 packs later. NOT HAPPY. (Decent impact straight to the wheel) but since I'm a suckered for pain, I just ordered the 5700kv motor from hpi. It's going to be outrageous! Waiting for hpi to get their poop together so I can get my hd cups that I ordered months ago and to stock up on slipper clutches. Next I'm going to start playing with pinions. 20160924_161622.jpg

14756297820471643022873.jpg

Sorry, havnt figured out how to add multiple pictures simultaneously.

Latest posts

Members online

Back