HPI Savage XL octane compression issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samir

Hi there ,
So into my 3rd tank of savage xl octane, my savage stopped while in action and I tried to start it again and my pull starter got stuck.
so I opened my pull starter and put it back but this time it was way smoother, so i changed it with new one but same issue.
so I opened head of engine and while trying to open piston i accidentally broke piston ring.
Yesterday I installed new piston set with new sleeve.
still my pull starter is way smoother and engine is not making same sound which it earlier used to make while trying start it.
i guess its compression issue. Pls guide how to repair it. I am very stressed because of this because I bought this in 2017 and rather than enjoying it, I am suffering from it. And also its breaking me financially.

But the engine won't start?
Are you aware of the need to break in the engine?
Yes engine not starting
I came to know later after I drove it 1 tank and on 2 nd tank run it broke down

I guess you don't have a compression tester? ;)

So, try this. Remove the spark plug, put around 10 drops of oil in the cylinder, cover the spark plug hole with your thumb and pull the starter. How much compression do you feel?

So, try this. Remove the spark plug, put around 10 drops of oil in the cylinder, cover the spark plug hole with your thumb and pull the starter. How much compression do you feel?
Let me try this , will update you in sometime.

I did what u asked, after 4-5 pull it started to throw my thumb off , so i plugged back spark plug and tried again, now pull starter is not smooth as earlier and while pulling it engine makes deep sound as earlier, but i am getting some knocking sound from pull starter i guess its normal?
thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back