HPI Savage XL frame conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendchris

I have seen some questions regarding the xl conversion, What all is needed, how the car will handle and etc. I just wanted to start a thread to answer these common questions for new and senior members of this site thinking of undergoing the process. So here it is and here is my truck from .25 frame and motor to the xl and 4.6 motor. Any questions just ask!

and finally after a few runs everything ran great and i was truly suprised at how well it handles and turned. I have stock shocks and put 1 big stock spacer on each of them. I have to try to tipp it over while turning. It also responds in the air very well while adjusting pitch for proper landing and the power and speed are impressive. It wants to pull the front tires from the ground but just gets to the brink of doing it if you like doin wheelies I'm pretty sure changing your clutch to spur gear toothing would enable this.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a savage x, all i need to do is buy the xl tvps and motor mounting plate and rear driveshaft right?
no need to buy the kit from hpi when i can get the parts separately for much cheaper.

you don't really need the engine mount plate the one from the x will work. but yes just the tvps and rear driveshaft will let you stretch it out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back