Hpi savage x to flux conversion fail-safe questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcarter48

I finally finished my conversion using the Kershaw design kit and it is awesome. I'm using the hpi rf30 receiver and tf-20e TX and I cannot get the fail-safe to setup correctly for the esc.. I've tried setting it up according to the manual but it doesn't work, if I turn the TX off the truck goes full throttle in reverse..can anybody help me out with getting it setup? Thanks

Are these the instructions you're looking at?
http://hpiracing.world/assets/documents/instruction_manuals/106214-tf20_rf20-glb-m-v2.pdf

Perhaps you could try re-binding the transmitter to the receiver, then going through the failsafe setup procedure again.

Yes I tried several times to re-bind the TX and the Rx but still goes full reverse when signal is lost from the TX, IDK what's going on. After re-binding it says to push and hold setup button until red led light comes on but it never turns on. Unless I have to hold the setup button for a really long time which I don't think is right, I held for probably 30 seconds and the light never came on...

Last edited:
Weird. I know when I set mine up I only had to hold it for a few seconds. I wonder if your LED isn't working? It may be time for a new receiver if it won't operate properly.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I'm still new to the forum and am not used to conversation yet lol. IDK what's up, the led works fine because it will start flashing when fail-safe is active so the fail-safe does work it just won't setup so that it doesn't go into reverse... I've been looking into a new receiver anyways so I'll just keep changing my TX batteries and making sure it doesn't go dead.. Thanks for the help though!

When you set up your fail-safe, you may have to do it differently than the directions state. Instead of going full brake, you'll have to set it up to go to neutral.

I think Rooky is right. the setup instructions for nitro and electric are different, which could be why your fail-safe is acting like it's a nitro and not an electric.

Latest posts

Members online

Back