HPI SAVAGE TRUCKZILLA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdogg1966

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have been out bashing my kyoshos, loads of fun by the way, I am finishing up cleaning the 3 years of dirt and dust off my truckzilla savage, I traded for this truck a while back. was a shelf queen and I have had it apart checking and re-lock-tighting everything, it never had the .46 HB engine, it seems that's how this truck got built to begin with. a man had a hobby shop in WV order the kit because he wanted the .46 engine for a robot, my friend at the hobby shop got the rest and used a lrp z.28 in it, its been started one time, its a beautiful truck, all integy hopefully I will have it done soon, I will try to post some pics.

Looks nice.

Body seems a bit long. Appears it's overhanging the rear bumper. Your first wheelie in the grass is going to rip it apart. I have the t-bone rear skid/wheelie bar on both my X and FluxHP to try to avoid that. Was always an issue on the savage anyway, but worse if the body is too long.

Looks Nice, but those alloy arms worry me. they will bend and not return to shape, always stay with plastic arms because they can flex and not bend, how about some body off shots also????

Hey , glad to see you are still around here, yes it is a tad either shorter than a xl or the body overhangs a lil, depends on how u look at it, I have a couple different wheelie bars for it, wasn't really sure which type i should put on it. any suggestions would be appreciated.

I hate alloy myself, from what I was told by the original owner, this truck was originally meant to be a display model, hope the lrp can handle the extra weight!!!! lol

Might be worth snagging a full set of arms off ebay just to avoid the issues the alloy ones can cause.

That said, I think in all the years of bashing nitro savages, I only broke an arm once. Ever since I got my flux hp a couple years ago, I seem to break them a lot now. Also the lower hinge pin brace/plate on the front, went through 3 or 4 of those last fall. Replaced it with a FLM machined piece. And now that I'm running 6S in it... I be keeping plenty of spares arms on hand. Broke another last weekend when I smacked into a pole at a pretty good clip. The FLM brace still looked good though.

beautiful truck! definitely +1 on the body off shots! its is so strange how for so long there "truckzilla" conversions were 90% of nitro off roading, now they are pretty rare to see if at all.
kinda brings back thoughts on the dual engine truckzilla conversions and stuff and always seeing those in magazines. always seemed to in the top right corner of the magazine page too.
definitely another +1 on switching to plastic arms for bashing times and Alloy for shelf time.

That‘s my Truckzilla,
I collect These Truckzilla‘s too,
The Sport, the Truckzilla and the Big Twin.
It took me Years to get These Kits in mint condition in the original Box

Attachments

• 74978BDC-B489-4840-9328-A5CB93577A70.jpeg
    74978BDC-B489-4840-9328-A5CB93577A70.jpeg
    319.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 7746E1CC-74F7-4D8E-9AC7-B4EF0C8CAE68.jpeg
    7746E1CC-74F7-4D8E-9AC7-B4EF0C8CAE68.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 17
I would like to have the .46 HB engine for truckzilla, not a big deal either way I guess but if I find a new one I would like to have it. kind of sucks to think the engine for my truck is in a robot somewhere, but oh well, I may find one !!! peace!!

I have a Truckzilla conversion with the “flame” tires, but only a single motor, I picked up on eBay over a year ago. It has been a shelf queen all it’s life, never started. I picked it up as a roller for my LRP 30, only to find out it was brand new and only missing a radio. So I kept it as is and will be looking at selling it in the very near future (when our moving containers show up and are unpacked). I’ll keep you guys posted.

hey all, the last of the parts are all ordered for truckzilla now, electronics are all done, it works great and the years of being a shelf queen haven't hurt it. I'm still interested in a new .46 to have for it if I ever run across a new HB mill. As for now I just wanna have some fun and hear the lrp and the 3 speed , peace !!!!!

hey all, the last of the parts are all ordered for truckzilla now, electronics are all done, it works great and the years of being a shelf queen haven't hurt it. I'm still interested in a new .46 to have for it if I ever run across a new HB mill. As for now I just wanna have some fun and hear the lrp and the 3 speed , peace !!!!!
there is a Hot Bodies .46 engine on a FB group I'm on, it is a closed group so you have to request to join, its called RC Flea Market $250 or less. he is asking 150 for it though.

Hey thanks, sounds a little high but then again I have not priced those engines so I don't have a clue as what to expect. I want to get my latest project " DEAD FORCE" up and running now, maybe santa will bring me a new HB .46 for Christmas. lol

If you turn both your front and rear body mounts the xl body will sit much better on your truck,
I know this as I've had a truckzilla
Also the hotbodies .46 engine is a turd a decent 28 would blow it away,
The .46 just drink fuel and have very little rpms

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back