WTB hpi savage ss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IamSavage

hi all
got myself a few months ago a savage 4.6 ss as a kit and i am new to trucks but have had the hpi thropy 3.5 hyper 7 and the losi 8 so all this gearbox stuff its like a woman can never get it right lol, anyways what I'm asking is dose anyone out there have a 2 speed standerd tranny don't need the tranny case just everything in side as i got my self the 3 speed and man its been in there for about a 2 weeks and i can not get it right.
And as you got to take the tranny out to adjust 2 gear, the tranny has been out about 10 times for standerd settings,
so guys let me know price and delivery I'm in london, uk.

thanks all

hows it going ... yeah i don't have any 2 speeds ,.. just wanted to say .. yeah the 3 speeds are a pain to adjust cause you cant do it with it in the truck .. wish it was more like the 2 speeds ... anyways .. hope you figure something out ... good luck...

thanks

thanks buddy

if 1 coms up let me know please i have looked on ebay there is 2 but they look like there ready for the bin lol

thanks again

First off, Welcome to HPISF. The kit didn't come with a 2sp? Do you need just the internal gears? If so, I got a couple sets almost new. You should be able to just reuse the shafts. What gearing are you runnin (clutch bell & spur gear)? If it's the same as my buddy's I can find out where his shift points are and let you know. That way, you can still use the 3sp. Let me know what you wanna do.

hi there and thanks for the welcoming

first off when i got my savage as a kit the diffs and the gearbox was already together so that at first made me worried anyway it come with a 2 speed and from day one i had shed loads of problems i mean even then with the 2 speed it did not shift and was told that my gearbox had hadit and my reply was how its new. anyway i went out a got a 3 speed and still had problems,
however i found the problem the diff had only one set of bevel gears in it not the twin set like normal diffs have anyway the diffs were f**ked, i.e the bevel gear rods had riped the diff casing and the engine don't have that much power as its the s-25 engine that come with it, next you will tell me that is not the engine that comes with that kit lol

so today i went to local hobby shop got all new bevel gears the twin set like normal ones plus alloy diff casing put it all together and she was working ok and have ajusted the gearbox to standerd settings and made some adjustments from the standerd settings.

so to all that have helped thank you and so you all know she is running really well

my gearing is as follow

clutch bell 15t
spur 49t

i have not yet tryed other bells but i am going to tomorrow

thanks again to all

Latest posts

Members online

Back