HPI Savage SS Brushless Center Diff Mod!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crack123

HPI SavageSS Brushless Center Diff Mod Video ONLINE

Hello @ All !

I am from Austria ( Europe ) and i would show you my HPI Savage SS Brushless-Centerdiff Project!

a big sorry for my bad englisch at this point, i hope you can read and understand it :D

my old Savage SS stands around and need to be pushed up to new dimensions and this is the way of it :

Partlist:

Mamba Monster Max ESC
Feigao 10XL 1600Kv Motor a Neu/Castle 1800KV Motor will be incomming next time..
Castle Creation 10A BEC
Thundertiger(ACE) DS1015 Steering Servo
Spektrum DX3S remote control
2 A123 ( LiFePo ) 6S Packs parallel
selfmade Akkutrays on each side
Titanium Hinge Pins
Titanium Srews on the Bulks and Diffhousings
Jammin CRT X1 Center Diff with 62 Touth Spur Gear filled with 50k Traxxas Diff oil ( need to fill 100k or higher Oil in it, to lose )
CNC Machined Motor/Diff mount from a friend
Carbon ESC/BEC holder 3mm on the stock Motorplateholder from the Nitroversion
Carbon RC/Servo mount ( first try doesnt look very good....i know :D)
for some testrides a tvp made from acrylic glass 5mm thick

2do List:

Carbon TVPs 3mm Ready!
Carbon Skid Plate 3mm
New Carbon RC/Servo mount 3mm
Proline Crowd Pleazer 2.0 Body Ordered!
Proline Velocity 1/2 offset Rims Ordered!
Proline Bad land Tires Ordered!

hier is my picture album i hope you can watch it in USA or somewhere :D

http://www.comuse.net/gallery2/v/Crack123/Savage-Brushless/

Klick on the *nächste* Button to go to the next side or my name * oswald scharinger* to see my other Rc cars and stuff and klick on the pictures for a bigger view!

The car have at this time on the 62touth spurgear a 9 tough pinion mountet, the truck has a topspeed of ~35Km/h at this time, there is a big zone to go higher speed with a 12 touth pinion or some bigger one !

at this time 1 tire has a big hole from a rock or something, the badlands and Proline rims are ordered and i am waiting for it, the Crowd Pleazer body is also ordered, the body on the Savage is an old body and is 5cm to short ( see the pics ) but better than nothing :)

Hope you enjoy it a little bit ;)

Savage Forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like a pretty sick build. Keep us updated.

Can you see the Pics in my Photo Album ?

the carbon plates are very stiff and weights only 100 gramms per side....my Acryl glass plates weights 200g per side ,
with the Savage Flux bigbore Shock set and some other mods the savage weights 5,4-5,5 kg with 6S2p LiFePos , at this moment i have 6kg with 8 Aluminum integy shocks and the acryl glass plates!

the first testruns are pure fun :) but 3 of 4 tires are destroyd...some rocks or sharp metal peaces has killd the rubber...one rim are broken but the savage still running like a rocket ;)

I hope you understand my broken englisch :)

Yup the Pictures work fine for me.

100G at 3mm? My standard length TVP's in 4mm are 69g each plate, but I do have a lot of cut outs in them. My 1.5" extendeds are 80G per plate.

Yup the Pictures work fine for me.

100G at 3mm? My standard length TVP's in 4mm are 69g each plate, but I do have a lot of cut outs in them. My 1.5" extendeds are 80G per plate.

my tvp are both full plates, with some cut outs i can easy go under your weight :D
but i like it closed because of stones and dirt that cames into the chassis and kills the Spur gear or the pinion so i think...don't know :D

the tuning Carbon Chassis from integy weight only 23g but this is to short for my Project, my wheelbase are 380 mm, shorter than the xl :D

btw, i hate it to cut carbon and something like that :(

Yes you should be able to go under my weight as I am 4mm. However you would still have to cut quite a bit out to meet the 69G. Anyhow I hear ya on it being closed. It also looks cool because it shows off the CF very well this way and will not make to much of a difference. I mean with that power your throwing at it weight is not an issue.

If a CF chassis was down to 23G I would be very leary. In this case its either very thin or there numbers are off or they are not using quality CF with very little Resin in it which is what bonds the Fiber's together. I also use a Very high ended Quasi-iso weave fiber which is the strongest out there but is some heavier because of it.

Anyhow, you have a very awesome truck going on here. Keep us informed and I want to see some finished build pictures along with a video to show that awesome power.

I can't believe more haven't said anything on this build. This is the first time I saw it.

so a have mounted the tvps on the front and rear bulk,

My new Graupner 13,8V 40A Power Supply for my Hyperion Duo Charger!

Very nice set up. They trays looks sweet and I love the look of the pattern on that fiber.

small update, i have reduced the weight of the Batterie Trays, round about 145 g per side, and Gorilla Max *Tape* don't know

both Tray mounted on the car

a dirt bonz tire with an huge hole... :(

small Update,

Integy Rear Hub Carriers ( but they don't fit 100%...)
HPI Savage Flux Bigbore Shocks with Shock Socks
one New Cooling fan (for this moment)

so here is my Completet Truck, Proline Crowd Pleazer Body and Badlands on Dish Rims 1/2 Offset :

Latest posts

Members online

Back