HPI Savage Picco .28 upgrade or go BL Savage?

Keeping throwing money in Nitro or go BL for future?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredsthao21

weighing in options here. I got in the hobby late and seems electric BL is taking off. Do I go BL or keeping throwing money into my nitro?

Next hop up would be Picco .28 Drag from Extreme = $350

Do you love the sound of noise and do you love the smell of nitro and do you like to wrench? If not BL might not be a bad option for ya.

nitro stuff doesnt bother me but i would like to invest in the future and not stuff at the end of its life. BL is so fast

I voted BL. There is not a lot that will compete with the power of the MMM BL and others out there. I Love the smell and noise of the Nitro and will never leave nitro but will and am in the process of doing some BL. However, BL is very expensive if doing it correctly. I mean the MMM 2200kv Set is ~$300 a good set of LiPo battery's will run $200 per set. I Prefer hard cased and SMC packs. With the MMM You will only need 2s packs because 3s is just about 2 much. The Castle Link is great for programming and makes it very simple.

The Extreme RC Drag modded Picco is completely sick and I plan to purchase one at some point. It's a toss up for me.

PS>You will be wrenching either way due to the power of these BL systems you will break things such as diffs and Dog Bones.

Driving a FLUX on dual 3s packs this weekend I was utterly Impressed. The WOW Factor is huge. Did a double back flip landing on the wheels with ease. Even Blue the Front diff in about 30 Minuets of run time, Shimmed and stock Super Heavy Duty Ring and Pinion Gear (Of course the 13T died).

Well I couldnt pass up a novarossi 528x Rex for $90 with about 3gallons ran already. I think thats the last thing I buy for my nitro then onto BL. Don't know what i'll need to get this Rossi installed on stock savage x ss stuff. I'll get a thread going in Engines....

Latest posts

Members online

Back