Hpi savage flux xs slipper clutch pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas

I have been looking for slipper clutch pads and plates for months. And I cannot find any available replacement pads? My slipper clutch is slipping. The truck cannot drive. Any suggestions?

Iv been looking for slipper pads over 5 months now with no luck, I sent an email to HPI about the issue in early December last year,
I got a reply saying production had stopped due to moving into a new manufacturing warehouse and having to move all there machines and part moulds.

He said that they will still be producing parts for the savage xs and that they will be sending out stock to suppliers very soon... 2 months later and still no sign of any slipper pads... Iv got 3 Xs's sitting here acting as paper weights due to a little green $1 slipper pad.

I will continue searching and if I find any for sale il let you guys know as I have seen there is a fair few people looking for them.

Once i get my hands on some I will be tracing it onto various gasket papers finding one that works and cutting a bunch of my own out.

Ive been searching for some as well for a few months, I actually had a hobby shop down here in Beaumont, TX try telling me HPI has been out of business for years. (I told him he's a dumbass) Anyways, last night I went to Oreilly Auto Parts and bought a roll of gasket material for $5.99 and sat there for an hour and a half cutting a couple out to the shape of where they sit with the grooves. I didnt have an old one for reference. It works great, and if I need more, I have plenty of material.

yea, i don't knoew why you couldnt make your own. they don't seem to be made of anything all that specific.
I used to build my own gastkets for my car engines back in the day before they made them so complicated to work on

Well, I got 2 made with gasket material, they work perfect. While driving it around, I lost the screw that holds the rear driveshaft cup to the motor, so I now only have 2wd.

some HPI parts are hard to find.
Manufactures DO NOT make these type parts and are often farmed out.
I am sure there are other brands that are the same part just a diverent color that would work just as well as the HPI one

I just purchased 3 pads from alibaba. Pricy but now I have backups. $35 for 3 sets of slipper pads and clutch plates
Thanks for helping

Latest posts

Members online

Back