hpi savage flux xl??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug E Fresh

Hi guys!!

Its been a while since I have been on here. I've been trying to get some answers about this on rctech fourm since I'm on there more often due to me only having one truck. My associated sc8!!

Well as I love nitro, I hate the fact you keep your fingers crossed and hope it don't die lining up for a jump or my favorite when it flips running over to it and right when you get therr it dies lol. We all have been there before.

I'm going to very soon be getting a flux and as soon as i get it tearing it apart and turning it into a XL. Some ?? What better place to ask than an actual savage fourm, so what would yyou guys recommended for this what I'm wanting to do?? I'm wanting a flux for bashing due to is massive power. The funny thing is I allready have the body picked out anand cant wait to get it for a winter project.

Thanks to all who help. I'm looking foward to becomeing a actually member of this fourm.
Thanks Doug :beer:

well i think most will say get better tvps that are extended like flm of tcs or even if you have the moolah jasons prc carbon ext flux tvps. but welcome to the fourm and don't be shy asking questions there's plenty of dudes on here with fluxes and can give you pointers !

Hi and thanks!!

I'm looking forward joining this fourm and get to know some of the people here and getting the flux asap. Its going to be a fun build.

Quick question. I've been hearing the tranny and the slipper clutch are bad on the flux is that true?? Thanks all.

Also would like to add i love this build thread. There are some real nice rigs on here.

i don't own a flux but noticed you were one of our newer members so thought i would stop and say hello!! And welcome to the HPISF family!!!

I know this isnt a savage but this was my losi xxl and what a tough and very fun truck!!!

Herr are some pics
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]

The shapie chevy. The paint is done with a Sharpie lol :)
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]

I hope you enjoyed the pics.

Hi and thanks!!

I'm looking forward joining this fourm and get to know some of the people here and getting the flux asap. Its going to be a fun build.

Quick question. I've been hearing the tranny and the slipper clutch are bad on the flux is that true?? Thanks all.

Also would like to add i love this build thread. There are some real nice rigs on here.

The slipper will def need to be locked down tight. On mine, I completely removed the spring and replaced it with a brass bushing, and cranked it down. As far as the tranny, first thing you will want to do is upgrade to the hd 18-23 drive gear. That will get you going for a bit. There is a couple other hardened gears you can upgrade to also, Ill have to find which ones they are. As far as build threads, search frddyj and bankrupter for theyre builds. Some of the top notch builds, and very helpfull.

changing minds??

Hi guys again!!

Ok so I thought I was going with a flux but I always been stuck on the xl. Before I got my xxl I was going to get the XL but then it had to many problem from what I heard, like diffs and of course the motor.

I've been beating myself up over this and I love nitro and don't think I can go electric no matter the power and the flux costs the same as the XL. Then you have to buy the LiPo's and charger also after that you'll have to buy the XL cvp which will cost alot more than the xl..

So I'm going to buy a XL. Yea yea can't make up my mind lol. I have tho and its the sexy curvy XL. I'm going to get rid of the 5.9 heard to many problems about it. What do you guys think about the Picco. 28 or a novarossi?? I'm looking for a throtie sounding nitro. I had a rusty with a Picco. 26 on it and that thing was beound nuts and loved the way it sounded. Also the motor has to last past 9+ gallons like my old xxl 454.

Ok so. What do you think about one or a different motor?? What about the three speed I heard mixed reviews about it.. What other issues does the XL have??

Thanks to all who help once again and promice this is the truck I'm going for and will start a build thread too. One last thing how do you do a mid tank mod on a savage?? That is a must for me.

Thanks again Doug....

picco would last 9+ gallons and its a monster but on the pricey side you could throw in the losi 454 if it came in a pullstart only and you be set with a nice pipe like the 086.

Latest posts

Members online

Back