Hpi savage diff vs Losi smart diff

Smart diff or Hpi diff

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so i have been thinking. I was thinking of getting two hpi diff cups and getting 2 smart diffs? I was thinking that the guts of the smart diff could fit in the hpi diff cup? What do yall think i should do?

whats the cost comparison.

also, got a link to the smart diff? whats the benefit of using a smart diff vs a regular diff?

is the added benefit worth the additional cost?

the smart diff is like a locker fred it will free wheel like a normal diff but lock if torque is applied to it. i say try it and let us know how it works out for you.

I think it is also adjustable right? So you can adjust it physically, without changing diff oils? I could be wrong though.

all it does is freewheel your gears when you let off throttle and re-engage them when your on throttle. they are really designed to increase off power steering when in corners. use a thicker weight up front and let off the gas, save yourself some $$.

Last edited by a moderator:
400 bucks is the difference ... O wait losi not sure on that one. But the good smart diff is 200 a pop. just go buy different weight oils and test till you get it right

ok, i still haven posted in the poll caz i haven't had a chance to read the listing about what the diff actually does.

but its $90 for one diff. on amain.

can you get these diffs comped to you caz of the racing team or does the $$ come out of pocket.

$200 on diffs, imo, it better give you some really sweet return.

travis if you end up doing this would you mind making a full review thread with pics on them?

Latest posts

Members online

Back